Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Just finished watching the latest version: Jane Eyre (2011) - IMDb It's a pretty good movie really, and if you guys think you might not like it, your wives or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Jane Eyre (2011)

Just finished watching the latest version:

Jane Eyre (2011) - IMDb

It's a pretty good movie really, and if you guys think you might not like it, your wives or girlfriends probably will. Mia Wasikowska, being the great actress that she is, played the part of Jane Eyre convincingly well.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I finally got around to watching Thor a couple of days ago:

IMDb - Thor (2011)

Overall, I'd have to say that it wasn't worth the time and effort to watch it, except for the fact that Natalie Portman was in it.

A score of about 4 out of 10 sounds appropriate from my perspective.
    oz

I finally got to watch "No Country For Old Men" last night which has many similarities with the Coen's first film, "Blood Simple." Outstanding performances all the way round, especially from Tommy Lee Jones who is a native Texan. It was good to see my favourite actor from the television show "Northern Exposure," Barry Corbin, also from Texas, making a brief but impressive appearance as "Ellis." Check out this excellent scene between Jones and Corbin from the movie. It's remarkable how two brothers from Minnesota could have such grasp and insight into rural Texas culture and its people, without which, this could have been just an average movie. This is one of the best films I've seen in a very long time. I give it nine and a half stars out of ten.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

A lot of those scenes shot for "No Country For Old Men". I have been there and done that on motorcycle and have been to all those places. It is my neck of the woods so to speak. And yeah. We are like the actors portrayed in the movie (I am kinda like Josh Brolin, former USMC also) . I lived and worked in El Paso while raising my kids and have rode my Bike in Jaurez and partied with the Renegados and Cruzados also. Been to Marfa and hwy 90 from Bracketville, Ulvade, to Van Horn and beyond.

My ranch in Esperanza is a major drug trafficking corridor also and dead bodies and shoot outs are pretty common also. Border Patrol was pretty absent in the movie though. I like it also.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    This is one of the best films I've seen in a very long time. I give it nine and a half stars out of ten.
    I liked it very much, but Javier Bardem's character (Anton Chigurh) had my wife so totally freaked out she could barely watch the movie!
    oz

A good interview by Charlie Rose in 2007 . Watching it since I posted

Charlie Rose - A discussion about the film No Country for Old Men
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I liked it very much, but Javier Bardem's character (Anton Chigurh) had my wife so totally freaked out she could barely watch the movie!
    Lol! Same here. My wife couldn't get too far past the first part of the film with the gone-bad-drug-deal. She was thoroughly disconcerted by Bardem's character as well! This is one of the few films I've seen that I want to watch a second time so I'll see how far along I can get her with it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    A good interview by Charlie Rose in 2007 . Watching it since I posted

Charlie Rose - A discussion about the film No Country for Old Men
    Thanks for that Roky!

Gosh, I bet I have watched that movie (No Country) 5 times in the last year. Awesome movie all the way around.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    It's four years old now, but I finally got around to watching Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts:

Eastern Promises (2007) - IMDb

Viggo did a pretty good job with the accents and all. It's a pretty good gangster movie worthy of at least a rental, or a borrow from a friend.
    Last edited by oz; 10-01-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spell
    oz

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast