Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What desktop environment or window manager (GUI) are you running?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gnome

25 48.08%
  • KDE

17 32.69%
  • LXDE / Xfce4

1 1.92%
  • Enlightenment

1 1.92%
  • Fluxbox / Openbox / etc)

2 3.85%
  • Other (please specify)

6 11.54%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Originally Posted by Bemk I'm still using Gnome 2 here. Just curious, Bemk ... did you find a fork that is keeping it updated and active, or are you running ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bemk View Post
    I'm still using Gnome 2 here.
    Just curious, Bemk... did you find a fork that is keeping it updated and active, or are you running the last official Gnome 2 release without any updates? Also, what distro are you running it on, if you don't mind me asking?
    oz

@Ozar: The other option you could go with is something like Wine or Codeweaers and run MS Word that way.

Also not to answer your question for Bemk, but i have found that a lot of the Server distros', correction the distros backed by big companies like Oracle Linux/Solaris and Red Hat are still using Gnome 2.32-2.39. I also have a feeling that ClearOS is also running Gnome 2. I know for a fact that Commodore OS Vision runs Gnome 2.39.

Anyway my desktop is Gnome 2, but i also run Unity

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    @Ozar: The other option you could go with is something like Wine or Codeweaers and run MS Word that way.
    Hi there, SL6-A1000

Not sure what you are referring to above, as I never run WINE, or Codeweavers, and don't want, or need to. In addition, I don't run or want to run any MS products on my Linux systems. Perhaps you meant to reply to someone else, or maybe I've misunderstood what you are saying... not sure?

Edit: okay, now I'm with you... just went back and found some office suite references in post #25.

No, I'd never run Wine or MS products on my Linux systems. It's just not going to happen, ever. If it were to ever come to a "must have" MS app, I'd just dual-boot and run it under Windows, but that's not at all likely to happen either. I do appreciate the suggestion, though.
    MikeTbob likes this.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hi there, SL6-A1000

Not sure what you are referring to above, as I never run WINE, or Codeweavers, and don't want, or need to. In addition, I don't run or want to run any MS products on my Linux systems. Perhaps you meant to reply to someone else, or maybe I've misunderstood what you are saying... not sure?
    Oh your previous post about not finding a replacement for abi-word as LibreOffice and OpenOffice are to bloated! But now that i think about MS Word is no less bloated than LibreOffice or OpenOffice

I'm running Linux mint Debian edition. Since it's a rolling release that probably means Gnome 3 will become available within a couple of months.

As I've added the Debian testing repo's to my sources, I think it'll get it when Debian finally switches to Gnome 3 (I personally hope they can postpone it as long as possible, as what I've seen of it, it's not stable enough for me).
    Full time computer science student, spare time OS developer.
    @bemk92 on twitter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4