Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What do you currently use as your default Linux distribution?

84. You may not vote on this poll
  • RPM-based (Redhat, Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSUSE, etc.)

23 27.38%
  • DEB-based (Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Mepis, etc.)

36 42.86%
  • Source-based (Crux, Gentoo, LFS, etc.)

10 11.90%
  • Other (please specify)

15 17.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Baja Oklahoma

I've switched to Debian Sid. Testing (Wheezy) has too much borkage, and Sid seems more stable than Testing.

Laptop is still on a VERY broken OpenSUSE 11.1 since 2009, although i intend to remove it some time this year and replace it with a more stable, not-so-borked-but-non-bleeding-edge distro like OpenSUSE 11.2, Mandriva 2010.0 or Fedora 10.

My DIY desktop PC runs a triple boot with Mandriva 2010.0 as the main OS, and Fedora 10 + Windows Vista serving as stable backup operating systems.

Backup desktop PC (also self-built and assembled) is powered by Fedora 10.

Yep, all RPM based. I refuse to touch the likes of crap-Buntu and its derivatives like Linux Mint with a 10 kilometer pole.

Debian is fine and stable, but the packages in the repos are just too old for my personal use. When I had Lenny installed some time back, I could not even build and compile aMSN because the official repos did not stock up on Tck 8.5 and Tk 8.5.

I've switched to Slackware-current, with IceWM.
    And I'm rather enjoying it.

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    Been running Debian for the last three - four years, mostly unstable with Xfce. Just switched to Slackware 13.37 with KDE and very impressed so far.

Run Scientific Linux and Oracle Linux are my main OS's than i have non-linux based ones for fun.

I am using Debian Squeeze Stable

Silverwater,NSW Australia
    Using Mageia 1

I have two clones that I am swapping back and forth between: Debian 6.0 and Kubuntu 11.04. Since Debian is forcing me to learn more about Linux, I am thinking of dual-booting it.

Debian wheezy here