Find the answer to your Linux question:
i wish we in the Linux/PCLinuxOS community could come up with one or several ways to use the Internet to "advertise" our needs for developers, whether for Gimp, LibreOffice or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wink New developers needed for Gimp and others

i wish we in the Linux/PCLinuxOS community could come up with one or several ways to use the Internet to "advertise" our needs for developers, whether for Gimp, LibreOffice or any of the many others that could probably do with at least one more dev on their team. There are so many foundations and organizations out there which advertise for volunteers for their projects that it seems a shame that we aren't organized enough to be able to attract some for our projects as well. The internet now has probably billions of users, some of which you would think would be willing to help out.

Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Anyway, just a thought. Have a great evening!

I totally agree. If there is a central talent repository, it should be better advertised. If there is not, there should be one!

I have wasted time filling out forms to introduce myself to projects - only to be loudly ignored. I am now retired, but have some very up to data talents (OO design for example) and am willing to learn new ones. I have also led several succesful, multi year software projects in my life

I am getting older by the day and seeing the possibility of starting a new project slipping away...
    - Clouds don't crash - Bertrand Meyer

registered Linux user 393557

finally - hw to brag about - but next year it will look pitifully quaint:
    Athlon64 X2 3800 - 1G PC3200 - 250G SATA - ati radeon x300
    circa 2006

twohats! What a great reply! i'll bet it's cold up there in NH these days.

Anyway, have you any ideas about how to start a Central Talent Repo? We have a small foundation here in Mexico that focuses on education and sustainable development and would be willing to host a ... ?? forum ? i don't really know where to start or what to suggest. i know that there are already many internet sites that aggregate requests for volunteers for "projects". Why couldn't we set up something like they have?

With warmest greetings and have a great evening, fred

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close