Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone went through the Oreilly Linux/Unix System Administration Certificate? I'M going through it now and I would like some feedback on how good of a job the courses do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Oreilly School of Technology

Has anyone went through the Oreilly Linux/Unix System Administration Certificate?
    I'M going through it now and I would like some feedback on how good of a job the courses do and their ability to get you to get and keep a new job in the field. I currently work in a manufacturing factory and am trying to get out, and have always loved and had an interest in the IT field. Thanks.

Cannot say that I was aware of this training. As with any training I question how it is accepted in todays world. Will employers accept this type of training or will they dismiss it. One thing for sure it should show that you have at least some understanding of linux/unix to employers.

Good luck and if you get stumped don't be afraid to ask questions, just not the type that are school work.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Its the first time I've heard of that certification. Personally I'd go with the LPI or RedHat certifications. They seem to be highly regarded by employers.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close