Find the answer to your Linux question:
Android runs down iPhone in the Smartphone Races | ZDNet That was fast, it seems like Android isn't even that old yet. I recently got a Cellphone with Android and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Android overtakes Iphone

Android runs down iPhone in the Smartphone Races | ZDNet

That was fast, it seems like Android isn't even that old yet. I recently got a Cellphone with Android and I think it's the coolest thing. It's basically a small netbook with a phone that fits in the palm of your hand.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru

While I don't phone home. Congrats Android.

That is however, JUST in the US. If you count worldwide sales, Android has outsold IOS devices for a LONG time now. I remember reading about it a few months after the Motorola droid 1 came out (I bought it.)
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    This just strengthens my decision to develop android apps instead of iOS apps. Now, to get rid of my iPhone and get a Nexus (1 or S) and learn to develop apps.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

if you are looking for books, the Hello Android book is pretty good for teaching android specifics if you already know java. I could see it being a bit difficult if you didn't already know java and object oriented programming however.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by meton_magis View Post
    if you are looking for books, the Hello Android book is pretty good for teaching android specifics if you already know java. I could see it being a bit difficult if you didn't already know java and object oriented programming however.
    Just what I was looking for, actually. Thanks.

That is however, JUST in the US. If you count worldwide sales, Android has outsold IOS devices for a LONG time now. I remember reading about it a few months after the Motorola droid 1 came out (I bought it.)
    Good to know and thanks for the info, I'm sure it will come in handy.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.