Find the answer to your Linux question:
I couldn't resist sharing this with you: OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE,LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM. Our ref: BRT/1370/IDR Your ref:17/01/2011 I Rt Hon David ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Is this the funniest "Nigerian" ever?

I couldn't resist sharing this with you:

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
    TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE,LONDON,
    UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: BRT/1370/IDR
    Your ref:17/01/2011

I Rt Hon David Cameron MP,Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service British Government wish to inform you of your Inheritance Payment from British Government.The British Government,order the Release of this Funds to you with immediate effect.

So, this letter is to officially inform you that ATM Card worth of 2,000,000.00 GBP been accredited in your favor, with ATM Card Number:{4080 2010 1765 5503};Your Personal Identification Number[112].

As this office will mail you a Visa/ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw your funds in any ATM MACHINE CENTER or Visa card outlet in the world with a maximum of 5000 GBP daily.Further more,You will be required to re-confirm your Bio Data as stated below to enable;Rt Hon William Hague MP Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs,begin in processing of your Inherited funds.

1: Full names. 2: Address. 3: Country. 4: Nationality. 5: Phone#.
    6: Age. 7: Occupation. 8: Post Code. 9:Sex:
    A scan copy of your passport or any mode of Identification

Rt Hon William Hague MP.
    Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
    Email: sfc_affair@2g.cc : fcaffair@london.com
    Tel+44) 701 116 4174

TAKE NOTICE: That you are warned to stop further communications with any other
    person(s) or office(s) different from the staff of the State for Foreign and
    Commonwealth Affairs to avoid hitches in receiving your payment.

Regards,
    Rt Hon David Cameron MP
    Prime Minister

Do you think anyone is ever taken in by this sort of thing?

Unfortunately Hazel many people are " taken in " by these scams and many others!
    A recent New York scam artist sold $50.00 raffle tickets for a new home and took in lots of people, some of whom bought multiple tickets!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Long before the outbreak of the internet age, I use to receive letters like this from Nigeria. Middle 80's I think.

Seems that many are duped into this kind of scams, even at this times where information is just a click away.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

To tell you the truth, when I was a frisky keen teen and just started using internet, I once thought Yahoo actually is giving me some 10 million lb's. as a lottery prize that I never enrolled in , lolz (Unless I was made aware by my friends)

Lottery scams these days often claim that they have used a database of harvested email addresses and yours came up trumps. This gets round the obvious objection people may have: "...but I never entered that lottery!".

Actually there is a seriously unfunny side to all this. I had a friend who got into lottery scams via one of those scratchcards that you often find enclosed with magazines and program listings. Once they had her name and address, they passed it around and she was deluged with "wins". They were carrying a whole sack of mail to her house every day. She believed it all and ended up spending several hundred pounds that she could ill afford to gain her "prizes". No matter how many people told her it was a scam, she never believed them.

In the end her cousin had her mail redirected to him and passed on only the genuine letters. The scam letters soon stopped coming.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

David Cameron? That's a bit of a shifty sounding name... Don't trust him, Hazel...
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I think that's the UK government trying to raise a bit more revenue

It's easy to laugh but sadly many people do fall for these scams. I'm not sure if I have posted this before but in any case respect to the 419 eaters.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent