Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hello Roxoff, I did say 70 years of age not 170, I can honestly say I have never met anyone who has suffered from rickets, climbed a chimney to sweep ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello Roxoff, I did say 70 years of age not 170, I can honestly say I have never met anyone who has suffered from rickets, climbed a chimney to sweep it, or had any school friends who went crazy through eating Smarties, probably because of food rationing, if you can remember that. I am from England right? and the two fingered salute is or was in my time recognised all over the modern world. The b&w t.v. was todays widescreen plasma equivalent, oh, and I do own a Phoenix Mini clubman 1978 model (not the German version) and yes it does have a really nice sounding 8 track cassette player in full working order. It does not have a satnav etc as I can read a map and compass, I reckon you should learn to read them, then you will find out that Birmingham has never been part of the Black country, I know because I was born there and now live in the Black country Smethwick. Anyway grumble over, thank you for your polite welcome, kind regards, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
    Phoenix Mini clubman 1978 model (not the German version)
    Wooo... proper car. Mine's a Studio2 from 1991, but the MoT ran out yesterday (booh).

Quote Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
    Birmingham has never been part of the Black country, I know because I was born there and now live in the Black country Smethwick.

Yeah, I know that. Everyone knows that. I was jus' testin'...
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

I'm Just 66, Deltabravo but I have a great deep appreciation for the " open source " community! Most of my " teaching ' about life came free of charge from people who got great satisfaction in teaching young minds! Everyone wants to get paid nowadays for most things!

The Linux community is not into that, however, and thank goodness for that! I do not know hardly anything about computers but I do know that there are some truly great human beings posting on this website!

Enjoy yourself!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Just Joined!
    Hello Cousin Lucky, thank you for taking the time out to reply to my thread. I agree with what you say about the older mentors who got a kick out of teaching us youngsters how things work. I try when I can, to advise some of todays youngsters when they mention they are 'stuck' on some problem they are having, usually a car or p.c. Most of them are in too much of a hurry to help themselves out, they say " oh I will have to call someone out to fix it" and when I say to them " I've just told you how to fix it", they reply "I haven't the time". Hence like you say, everyone wants paying for most things, its not really suprising nowadays. I personally love to roll my sleeves up and get stuck in to the job. Just like the folk on this forum do and they do the most baffling 'fixes' so easily and so quickly without any thought of payment or praise. They can do it and so they show others how its done, like true professionals. Well 'youngster' I hope you are enjoying yourself too in the Big Apple as my son calls New York. Many thanks for your thoughtfull correspondence, kind regards Bob.

Linux forums has social groups at: Linux Forums - Social Groups
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2