Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Originally Posted by techieMoe Originally Posted by LinuxNewb M$ sees linux as a big threat to there market monopoly. And if you cant beat them, join them.. they are getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxNewb
    M$ sees linux as a big threat to there market monopoly. And if you cant beat them, join them.. they are getting a hold in the linux market (you can see that with microsofts linux products)
    Wait, WHAT? Since when does Microsoft sell Linux products? Where are they and what do they do?
    Kind of related, Windows services for UNIX:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/

Quote Originally Posted by microsoft.com
    Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 also includes more than 300 UNIX utilities and tools that behave as they would on UNIX systems, plus a software development kit (SDK) that supports more than 1,900 UNIX APIs and migration tools, including make, rcs, yacc, lex, cc, c89, nm, strip, gbd, as well as the gcc, g++, and g77 compilers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu...ew/default.asp

It bugs me with the way microsoft markets crap. This goes back to what Techiemoe says. When they say crap like not trusting "freeware" . I believe that freeware has some of the best software out there, and if you do have a problem you can usually conatact the software engineer and usually for minimum fee or even free they help you get out of the rut.
    Now for M$ we can sleep at night relying on windows because we know when it breaks and it will, that we will be on a huge phone tree(for hours) for support then we will talk to someone in a different language for 85 dollars an hour for support of which I have found I had to teach the tech support person how DNS and DHCP worked. So essentially I had to pay (My company) 85 dollars an hour to teach the tech support guy how to do his job. I went home and slept good that night. You don't read that stuff anywhere.

<side>
    Techiemoe, I agee with everything you posted except for the Microsoft products. I think maybe they are good for the easiness, but they are really bad if something goes wrong especially if a reboot doesn't fix the problem
    </side>

Mike

Linux User
    If you want someone to boycot try Computer Builders Wharehouse for there participation in expanding MS FUD.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...eStudyID=15131
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    I just don't like fact that one can buy opinions(including news forums).
    Freedom of speech doesn't exist when it's for sale.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnothing
    It was removed because it contained a link to another linux forum. Despite this being a free service to the community, we *are* in competition with other forums for the userbase that generates the ad revenue that keeps this site open and free to the community. Yes, the mods are volunteers, but J has to pay for all of this somehow.
    Oh...
    I'll try to keep that in mind.

Linux Newbie

how sad

this is a sad day in linux............................................. ....... billy bod gaties is taking every thing over. quess the penguin army cant hold on that much longer any more. poor poor tux..................

Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    So effectively, they are funding the revolution that will eventually be their downfall.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    Quote Originally Posted by microsoft.com
    Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 also includes more than 300 UNIX utilities and tools that behave as they would on UNIX systems, plus a software development kit (SDK) that supports more than 1,900 UNIX APIs and migration tools, including make, rcs, yacc, lex, cc, c89, nm, strip, gbd, as well as the gcc, g++, and g77 compilers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu...ew/default.asp
    spontaneous thought... wonder who much the wrote them selves *cough* *cough* *cough*
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Just Joined!
    Here's how I cope with advertising I'd rather not see.

1) Use Firefox
    2) Add the Adblock extention

I get the content. The site gets their money. The advertiser gets forgotten.

Long live free enterprise and open source! :rock:

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    To put my opinion in a couple sentences: If M$ wants to advertise on a Linux-oriented site, so be it. That just goes to show that they realize the threat that is Linux. It also means that their advertising dollars are going to support Linux sites. So effectively, they are funding the revolution that will eventually be their downfall.

I like the sound of that.

Microsoft's ****** crap is everywhere! I can't turn my head without seeing ads or screenshots, etc, of some microshit software that won't even work properly, if at all. It's doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast