Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes
Originally Posted by TaZMAniac My new cell phone I just got my new cell phone, and it's one that I can understand, outsmart, and know how to operate!!! I got ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZMAniac View Post
    My new cell phone

I just got my new cell phone, and it's one that I can understand, outsmart, and know how to operate!!!

I got it at the "Verizon Cell Phone for Seniors store" at the mall!
    You REALLY have to be OLD to appreciate THIS.

Attachment 3690

I know some of you are not old enough to get this,
    but you can pass it on to some
    old person who needs a laugh today!!!
    When I wax nostalgic for a rotary phone, I dig my old butt set that I used in the 70's and 80's when I was a phone tech out of a box in the storage room, hook it up, and make a call! It still works great, even after 30+ years! How many of our current crop of digital "wonders" will still be functional in 2040?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I have just showed the picture of the rotary "cell" phone to one of my 20 y-o intern. I had to explain him how rotary phones did work.

Boy do I feel old now....

I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

ROFL!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

A country boy was walking through the woods and noticed a lot of deer droppings (for you city folks, they are about the size and shape of a pnut M&M). He thought to himself, "Too bad I can't find a way to sell these things, my money problems would be over."
    Suddenly inspiration hit, so he gathered up a bucket full, dyed them bright red, and went to the city. When he arrived in the city, he set up a sidewalk stand with the sign, "Smart pills, $1.00"
    Fairly soon, a city boy approached and asked, "Will these pills really make me smarter?"
    The country boy assured him, "They are guaranteed to make you smarter."
    "Well," the city boy said, taking a dollar out of his wallet, "better give me one." He took the pill, chewed it up, made a face, and said, "How long does it take, I don't feel any smarter yet?"
    The country boy replied, "Sometimes it takes more than one. Better buy another one."
    "Ok" the city boy said, taking another dollar out of his wallet, "Give me another one."
    Once again, he chewed up the pill, made a face, and said, "I still don't feel any smarter, are you sure these things work?"
    "Maybe in your case you should try three pills." the country boy told him.
    "Alright," the city boy said, "give me one more." He took the pill chewed it up, made a horrible face and said, "Man, these things taste like sh*t!"
    "See," said the country boy, "you're smarter already."
    jayd512 and Rubberman like this.
    Registered Linux user #526930

caveat emptor!
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Thumbs up

Thanks Mason!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

A society columnist was assigned to interview an elderly socialite. In preparing for the interview he noted she had been married 4 times. During the interview he asked her, "I notice you have been married 4 times. Your first husband was a prominent investment banker, your second husband was a well known actor, your third husband was a famous televangelist, and your present husband owns a chain of mortuaries. Why did you marry such different types of men?"
    She smiled at him and said, "1 was for the money, 2 was for the show, 3 was to get me ready, and 4 is for when I go."
    jayd512 likes this.
    Registered Linux user #526930

On the eve of her wedding, a middle aged woman consulted with her pastor. She was terribly nervous about the wedding night, as she was still a virgin. The pastor was confused.
    "How can that be?" he asked. "You've been married three times!"
    She replied, "Yes. But let me explain. My first husband was a psychiatrist, and he just wanted to talk about it. My second husband was a gynecologist, and he just wanted to look at it. And my third husband was a stamp collector... Oh God I miss him!"
    MASONTX and Rubberman like this.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast