Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: How many computers do you currently own?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • none (ouch!)

0 0%
  • 1 to 3

8 36.36%
  • 4 to 6

9 40.91%
  • 7 to 9

3 13.64%
  • 10 or more

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This would include all computers (not mobile phones) in your immediate family, but not work computers unless you own those, too. Computers for sale through a business venture don't count. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

How many computers do you currently own?

This would include all computers (not mobile phones) in your immediate family, but not work computers unless you own those, too. Computers for sale through a business venture don't count.

Feel free to tell us about them below.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I currently own 6 computers.

1 Google Chrome Book
    2 Acer 7741Z-4643
    3 My main desktop: Currently dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10
    4 Custom P4, 3GBRAM: My wife's computer, running Ubuntu 10.10
    5 Custom LGA775: My test machine...what can I say? Not only am I a distro junkie, but I am also helping develop Liquid Lemur.
    6 Custom P3, 256MB RAM in-house server.

5 for us.
    My Gentoo desktop Machine
    Our sons Linux Mint Desktop Machine
    Wifes Laptop with Win7 (which I am currently using, BLEH)
    One "Guest"desktop machine that our sons friends use, Mint Linux.
    One low RAM, Low CPU, toy Desktop machine that I am tinkering with,,nothing installed on it yet.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    We've got three. A three-year-old HP desktop with Vista for general use/games, my netbook running Arch and Debian Squeeze, and my brother's slightly larger laptop running Arch.

Not counting the 5 or 6 old computers in the closet, we have 5 we use. My wife and I each have a desktop and laptop, plus I keep a gaming/Internet computer for the grandkids.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Currently, I own 10 computers, 12 if Ican count my iPAQs and 13 if I can count my Desire HD as a mini tablet. I only use 4 or 5 of them (and the mini-tablet) regularly though.

My newest which I bought about a month ago is this one but it has 16GB ram. It is running Linux Mint Debian Edition which finally beat Debian Testing to the real install!

I also have an Intel Core 2 Quad with 4GB Ram which is running Centos 5.5 as a headless, x-less server and an AMD X2 6000 with a couple of gigs that is currently FreeBSD. I'm thinking of having a go at Arch, Crux or Gentoo on it at some point.

My laptop is a core 2 with a gig of ram and is running Slackware 13

My main netbook is a little e-machines with an Atom N270 and gig of ram, running Easy Peasy!

The others aren't in use (2 desktops, 2 laptops and an original Asus eeepc)

[edit]Oh and a PS2 in the loft but I don't know if that counts. I really wish I could stop buying computers [/edit]
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Too damn many.
    1. 2 Amrel Rt 686 Military Laptops. Linux Test Beds Wireless Bullet Proof (literally) Can be used as a Club/Bat also.
    2. Panasonic CF-48 Laptop Linux Wireless
    3. IBM A22m Laptop Linux Wireless
    4. IBM T23 Laptop Linux Wireless
    5. ASUS EEEPC 900 Linux Wireless
    6. ASUS EEEC 701SD Linux (Windows XP on external bootable 8 gig SD card. Used for Bike tuning) Wireless Both Asus travel with me in my Motorcycle vest instead of phone.
    7. ACER Aspire One ZG5 Linux Wireless Also travels on Motorcycle
    8. No Name P66, 12MB ram, Ball Mouse on Keyboard Deck, Mouse click on r/h side upper corner near color screen. Holds a charge and runs Windows 95 and Blue Flops.
    PCMCIA Land Line

9. IBM M41 Desktop Linux Wireless
    10. IBM M57 Desktop Linux Wireless
    11. Shuttle Box Custom Asus Micro Desktop Linux Landline

12. Wifes Acer Aspire Windows 7 Huge Laptop (I want it when she gets tired of it) Wireless
    13. Wifes Acer Desktop, runs Vista Landline

Like I said. Too damn many, though most is obsolete gear anyhows . And no. I won't get rid of them yet. Pack rat syndrome from living in the boonies where it is too far to travel to replace stuff.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Where do people find room for all this hardware? I have two computers and I wouldn't have room for a third (a notebook perhaps, but I can't think of a use for that - I mean, why would I want to use a computer anywhere but at home?).

My old Aptiva upstairs runs Windows 95 and has no Internet connection. These days I only use it for printing out music parts, as the music program I have developed on this machine is less easy to use.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

Linux Newbie
    By my count, we have five in this house.

I own a 1005ha netbook, a desktop which I use as a media server and occasional Windows playground, and a PII headless laptop which I use as a webserver sandbox.
    Then my (much) younger sister has a desktop which rivals my own in power, and my father couldn't stand my desktop being the best in the house so his is now a quad-core beast of some sort.

Not included are my two Android phones, the Evo and Droid, but I feel like mentioning them here anyway probably for the same reason Ozar felt it necessary to say not to count them --they are very much powerful enough and I use the Evo and my netbook interchangeably for virtually everything.

We have 5, not including the work computers:

• I have a laptop (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, some ATI graphics card, idk which, dual booting Fedora 13 and Windows 7)
    • And a desktop for gaming (2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, nVidia GTS250, also dual booting Fedora 13 and Windows 7)
    • My dad has an Eee PC - one of the early ones running Xandros.
    • My mum has an (ancient, not currently working as we haven't bothered to fix it) XP computer.
    • And my sister has a laptop.

Yeah, I don't actually know the specs of any of the others - I just know that both of mine are more powerful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast