Find the answer to your Linux question:
I noticed an article on Phoronix earlier that Miguel de Icaza is out praising the move by Nokia to become an all-Windows Phone 7 shop. I tell you, for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

de Icaza still at his old tricks...

I noticed an article on Phoronix earlier that Miguel de Icaza is out praising the move by Nokia to become an all-Windows Phone 7 shop. I tell you, for a founder of Gnome and so many other FOSS technologies this guy really sounds like he'd rather be working at Redmond. Sometimes when reading his comments I get that same feeling of Poe's Law in effect as I get when reading the Onion.

This is fascinating turn of events for C# developers as Nokia will make WP7 more relevant in the marketplace, making C# the lingua-franca of all major mobile operating systems. This astute chart explains why I am basking in joy
    Miguel de Icaza's post

this guy really sounds like he'd rather be working at Redmond
    Fishing for a job maybe? Either Redmond or Nokia?
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    I have had a very small glance at Meego, and it seems pretty nice; I thought Nokia was behind this, too. Any clue what happened there?

Well they just decided to throw the baby out with the bathwater and become a full Microsoft house. Their CEO is an ex-Microsoft man if that sheds any light on the subject.

I'd heard that they're still going to release a MeeGo phone, but likely only one in 2011

There's still always the n900 though