Find the answer to your Linux question:
Pardus Linux 2011 is now available. This linux distro is well designed and best user friendly distro I ve ever seen... Major features in this release are: the latest Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pardus 2011

Pardus Linux 2011 is now available. This linux distro is well designed and best user friendly distro I ve ever seen...
    Major features in this release are: the latest Linux kernel 2.6.37 provides an up-to-date hardware support; the bootsplash technology used in Pardus 2009.2 is replaced by the new Plymouth engine; YALI, the installer of Pardus, gained LVM/RAID and UUID support; Pardus 2011 comes with the latest KDE 4.5.5; Kaptan, the desktop customization tool, now optionally captures your picture and sets it as your avatar in KDE; GNOME NetworkManager 0.8.2 is now the default networking back-end; all GTK+ applications are rendered with Oxygen style; LibreOffice is the default office suite; Mozilla Firefox 4.0 beta 9 is the default web browser.

Moderator's Note : Use standard font size and color unless it's really necessary.
    Last edited by devils casper; 02-27-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Just Joined!
    How many packages are available. Last time I used Pardus, there weren't very many.

Just Joined!
    Russian and Hungarian support added in Pardus 2011 among many other languages which are supported since previous releases.

Pardus 2011 repositories are offering more than 3.500 packages besides installation image, including platform independent popular applications such as Skype, Google Chromium and VLC.

@anchorschmidt,
    There are still far fewer packages for Pardus than there are other distributions, but the number has grown quite a bit.

Also, Pardus Kurumsal 2 ftw! Pardus Kurumsal is a version of Pardus that ships with stable applications. KDE3, Firefox 3, etc... and it is amazing. I like it far more than I do the regular Pardus release.

I installed this in a VM yesterday for playing around with it. So far everything works and I haven't had any issues.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    Pardus 2011 have released two major updating packages since the release.
    (10 and 23 february.)
    It included lot of new softwares to.
    So it got most of the stuff as any other Linux distribution now.

And I read this in Pardus Worldforum:

"One can not just compare package count from distro to distro.
    Take kdesdk for example, in Ubuntu, kdesdk is a meta package, depending on many others, while in Pardus, kdesdk contains all of the programs in one package. If that is good or bad is a matter of taste I guess.

If you really miss a program, make a good request for it, tell them what it does, url, including links to source code, then the package count will grow.

Be prepared to test the requested package an give feedback to the packagers also"

Yeah, package count is not a good way to judge an OS. Judge it by user base and type of support you get from the community.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted