Find the answer to your Linux question:
well def: new to all linux. And my goal is to learn as much as I can. But one of my most asked ? is where would I start If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Whats up Everyone =)

well def: new to all linux. And my goal is to learn as much as I can. But one of my most asked ? is where would I start If I want to install linux on my pc which is x64 win7. thanks friends for all the advice.

Linux Guru
    Welcome. I run MyWolfe on a 2 gig Pendrive. Plug it into any Laptop I wish to run Linux on. Do this with AntiX also.

MyWolfe Pendrive

AntiX Pendrive

Puppeee Pendrive

Just another way to run Linux besides dual-booting. Lots of good info on the web for dual booting also.

Happy Trails, Rok

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

One of the top 5 distributions in the page hit ranking list over at DistroWatch.com will usually satisfy most new Linux users. Download the distro of your choice, burn it to disk as an image, then boot your machine with the newly created installation disk, and choose the install option when you are ready to commit to the installation. More about getting started with Linux can be found in my user signature at the bottom of this post.

Have fun with it.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok cool so what should I do first to get linux running

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticpunk84 View Post
    ok cool so what should I do first to get linux running
    Install it as indicated above, or another popular option for seeing what it looks like is to run it from a liveCD:

Live CD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite a few different distributions come in a liveCD format but they run too slowly for anything other than emergency use or administrative tasks, at least in my own opinion.
    oz

Welcome to the forums. Go to distrowatch.com and select a distro or 2 or 10 of your choice, burn to cd to use as a live cd, and see which one suits you best. Once you have decided on a distro, install to your hard drive, update the packages from the repository, and enjoy. In addition to the forum, a good source of info is <Linux> - Google Search.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by Staticpunk84 View Post
    ...my goal is to learn as much as I can...
    Welcome!

Then I say you are at the right place
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667