Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently a linux mint user, but I have had this problem in all the distros I've used. I downloaded the .run file from ati site to install the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do i install world of warcraft in linux?

I am currently a linux mint user, but I have had this problem in all the distros I've used. I downloaded the .run file from ati site to install the most up to date catalyst driver. Then I downloaded the ati fglrx diver from mint. Then I installed wine and download wow into it. When I run the game there isn't any lag but the characters only display armor, the rest of the characters are not renedered....does any one know why this might be? also on a side not I tryed chakra linux last night and could nt get wine to install....is the sudo apt-get install wine equivalent pacman -S wine?

Please go to the following web page;
    WineHQ - World of Warcraft

You should be using version 4 of WOW.
    Choose the version of WOW from the choices on the page.
    The next page will have a test summery of how WOW works. Version 4 is rated platinum.

Now scroll down the page to the install instructions.
    Follow them and install any patches or scripts that are provided.
    Once you finish the install, reboot your pc and you should have WOW working.

BTW..... Any future posts about getting WOW or any other Windows software working in wine should be posted in the wine sub-forum of the Linux Forums.
    That way you are assured of getting a response to your problem as some members only read certain sub-forums.