Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone actually filled out the information and ordered any of the "free" publications from the tradepub.com site that sponsors this forum? How did that go? Was the publication worthwhile ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

tradepub.com trustworthy?

Has anyone actually filled out the information and ordered any of the "free" publications from the tradepub.com site that sponsors this forum? How did that go? Was the publication worthwhile and did they sell your information to every spammer on the planet? Some of them look interesting but I am extremely hesitant to give them any information.

I've not heard any reports one way or the other. You might try digging through the feedback section and see if anyone has posted anything about it.
    Feedback / Suggestions - Linux Forums
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Not finding anything helpful other than a variety of complaints about the ads. Some people on this forum must have actually ordered something from them and have some feedback. Some look interesting and they're free - as in beer...

Yes, well you know the drill. You give out your email address, you better be prepared to get some spam. That's just how it works, right? I know I have a "Special email account" just for times like these. Just FYI, we Mods and TP's have no control over that section, you could use the Contact us link at the bottom of every page and see if they can help you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

No need to "contact us". No worries. I just have this voracious appetite to learn more about linux and the titles catch my attention and suck me in. There are lots of places to get good info without adding to my spam stack. If you happen to have any favorite "intermediate lessons" sites I am always open for more. I exhausted the LowFatLinux site and am hungry for more.

Try this list, it should keep you busy for awhile. Some work, some don't....most are good reads.
    68 Free Linux Ebooks Xelnaga

I have been using ibiblio - The Public's Library and Digital Archive for a while now.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I've downloaded a number of these publications. Some are worthwhile, others not so much. In any case, I have always opted out of the "spam me please" option... So far, it has worked ok.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Great stuff! Thanks all!