Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
I know a lot of you nice folks are geeks, but do you also like sports? Futbol? Soccer? NBA? NFL? MLB "others"? What is your favorite sport and who is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A Sports Thread 2011

I know a lot of you nice folks are geeks, but do you also like sports? Futbol? Soccer? NBA? NFL? MLB "others"? What is your favorite sport and who is your favorite team? Give us a run down and feel free to keep it updated often. I have bunches of local professional teams that I like.
    NBA-Dallas Mavericks
    NFL-Dallas Cowboys
    NHL-Dallas Stars
    MLB-Texas Rangers
    Yeah, I'm a homeboy sports fan. although I do root for other teams to lose.
    I have several minor league teams I find interesting, but not enough to post about them. Right now, we're in the midst of the NBA season and Dallas Mavericks are doing very well (44-16) at second place with 25 games or so left to play. Hopefully it won't be another first or second round exit. They got some new guys and are in middle of adding more new guys as we speak. It should be a very good playoff season.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quick update,For Cricket Fans,England managed to stay alive in World Cup by beating West Indies yesterday. Upcoming days will be more interesting ,since we are moving Quater and Semi final. I assume SA ,AUS has better chance of winning this world cup. India needs to improve their bolwing if they want to reach later stages of this tournament.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

No more semi-heart attacks or rants and raves for me. I'm too old now to
    be getting entangled with watching any games. The next day of checking out the final score and write-ups are enough for me now. I enjoyed all of the time I spent watching and drinking but those days are over for me.

I remember the night many years ago when the Boston Celtics beat the L.A. Lakers for the championship and I was slightly inebriated holding a bottle in a bag and screaming Celtics on a traffic island in the middle of the street. The cops came and got out of their car and ended up screaming Celtics with me before telling me to pack it in and go to my apartment up the street. Ah, those were the days!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Go-Go-Go Gonzaga Go!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Mavericks are at 48-20 and not doing so good right now, they make me crazy! Still, they are barely holding onto 3rd place with 14 games to play.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Goodbye Gonzaga!!
    Linux user # 414321

Banned
    thanks for posting or sharing

Tomorrow big day - Aus vs Ind world cup QF ... though I hope Ind wins ...after their poor performance in last few matches....I think A..
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Tomorrow big day - Aus vs Ind world cup QF ... though I hope Ind wins ...after their poor performance in last few matches....I think A..
    We reached the SF by beating Aussies -- It was a very good match ..great knock by their captain.
    -----

WHOOP! There it is. NBA Playoff started today. Tonight it's the Dallas Mavericks Vs Portland Trailblazers, game 1 of possible 7. GO MAVS! I predict Mavs in 6 games.

Btw...I'm not very good at predictions.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast