Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could anyone help me with this error is happening? Sorry if some do not write because I'm from Brazil. [Cleiton Cleiton Tibia]$ ./Tibia bash: ./Tibia: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: File ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question File or directory not found

Could anyone help me with this error is happening? Sorry if some do not write because I'm from Brazil.

[Cleiton Cleiton Tibia]$ ./Tibia
    bash: ./Tibia: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: File or directory not found

I copied this libc6.so.2 into the folder / lib but nothing worked.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Not sure that it's looking good I'm afraid and here's why although, it might be as simple as having installed the wrong version of the software you are trying to run.

It would be helpful to know what distribution you are using and what you are running when you get the error.

Oh. Welcome to Linux Forums
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This sometimes happens when you are trying to link a 32-bit executable to a 64-bit library, or vice-versa.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

scm
    Linux Engineer
    What does "ls -l /lib/ld-linux.so.2" return?
    If the file is there what does "file -L /lib/ld-linux.so.2" return?

Just Joined!
    Retun.

Correct

Just Joined!

ld.so

Hi, I think I can shed some light on what your seeing.

Linux natively supports a binary format called ELF. It used to; and depending on your distribution still might, support an older format called a.out.

When you compile and link a binary (like ls(1) for instance), the default behavor is to link dynamically. You can see how something is linked with the file(1) command:
    Code:
    [brian@bmicek ~]$ file /bin/ls
    /bin/ls: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped
    There is additional code in dynamically linked ELFs that invoke some code in an agreed location called ld.so( which is the Unix dynamic linker. The error message you showed:
    bash: ./Tibia: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: File or directory not found
    is a message from the Unix dynamic linker. Specifically its saying ld.so is bad.

Just Joined!
    How do I fix this so?

Just Joined!

I dont know how to fix it

It sounds like your system works correctly except for this one ELF?

If that's true, it sounds like you took an ELF from some other system and you want it to run on a system that has ld.so in a different location?

If all that is true, the only way I can fathom to fix it is by recompiling the code. Your problem is an odd problem because what your seeing shouldn't happen because all this stuff is standardized.

Am I correct on my above guesses? Can you tell me about the code your trying to run?