Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
It does the same as every other Firefox I've ever used. Not impressed at all. 97% on the Acid3 test....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

It does the same as every other Firefox I've ever used.

Not impressed at all. 97% on the Acid3 test.

i've tried using chromium, but when i run pandora it maxes out one of my CPU cores, but in firefox it uses hardly any

its definitely an improvement over 3.6 for me

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Well, Crux doesn't have the xulrunner package on its lists any more. And Firefox 4 took just as long to build as xulrunner used to and seemed to have the same things in it so I guess the Crux people have stopped separating them out (they always came down in the same tarball).

What I don't like is that the bookmark bar has gone and that's where I always kept Linux Forums.
    Bookmarks bar is still there, just disabled by default. Right click on the tab bar, select bookmarks bar.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

oz
    forum.guy
    Glad to hear FF4 is working out well for some of you. It's been a couple of days now and while I'm still adjusting to it, I'd already have a tough time reverting to any of the prior versions.
    oz

It still has a few rendering problems too. I must use a different browser to view some websites. Unless it's just my Firefox, will someone check this link and see if FF 4 renders this page correctly or is it screwed up for you too?
    Dallas Mavericks NBA Basketball Front Page
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    will someone check this link and see if FF 4 renders this page correctly or is it screwed up for you too?
    Most of the content is situated on the left side of the page for me, under FF4. Of course, I don't know how that page is supposed to look, and don't know if the adblocker that I'm using might also play a part in the layout. Hope this helps.
    oz

It still has a few rendering problems too. I must use a different browser to view some websites. Unless it's just my Firefox, will someone check this link and see if FF 4 renders this page correctly or is it screwed up for you too?
    Dallas Mavericks NBA Basketball Front Page
    Iceape 2.0.3, antiX

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Most of the content is situated on the left side of the page for me, under FF4. Of course, I don't know how that page is supposed to look, and don't know if the adblocker that I'm using might also play a part in the layout. Hope this helps.
    Well, I know Konqueror will render it correctly but that's not one of my favorite browsers. You might be onto something about the adblock, Konqueror doesn't have adblock so that might be why it works correctly. Will check that out.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Well, I know Konqueror will render it correctly but that's not one of my favorite browsers. You might be onto something about the adblock, Konqueror doesn't have adblock so that might be why it works correctly. Will check that out.
    Actually, konqueror has adblock built-in just turned off by default. It even lets you select the adblock provider to use. It is all in the settings.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Quote Originally Posted by gruven View Post
    Bookmarks bar is still there, just disabled by default. Right click on the tab bar, select bookmarks bar.
    Thanks, Gruven.

I don't find that the new FF loads any faster than the old one did, but it does render pages faster. And it does animations properly. My bananas have learned to dance again!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast