Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Most of you probably already know that Firefox 4 was officially released a couple of days ago. Are those of you that are running it finding it to be faster, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Firefox 4 has been released...

Most of you probably already know that Firefox 4 was officially released a couple of days ago. Are those of you that are running it finding it to be faster, as advertised, and do you like it better than Firefox 3.x?
    oz

FireFox in my Windows OS box is showing 'Downloading Firefox 3.6.16.... I think I have to download FireFox 4 manually. I haven't checked it in Linux box yet.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I did a fresh install of FF 4.0 on my Office desktop (Win-XP), over FF 3.15. I somewhat found it 'a lil bit' snappier, though the new look (the orange button in the upper left) can take some time to get accumulated. It's good so far, let's see in long term how better it is.

I did fresh install too. Refresh button has been moved to right side like IE. Home button has also been moved to right.
    Sync Now feature looks interesting.
    I will explore it a bit more soon.

oz
    forum.guy
    It's feeling a little faster to me as well in some ways, and maybe not any faster in a few other ways, but certainly no slower. The relocation of tabs and icons were a little confusing to me at first, but adjustment should come with a few more days of use. I've not yet tried the sync feature, though.

Overall, I'm thinking that I like it better than previous versions.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    Overall, I'm thinking that I like it better than previous versions.
    Same here.
    I have disabled Menu bar to free up some space. Status bar has been disabled by default.

oz
    forum.guy
    They've switched the positions of the Open New Tab and Open New Window options in the file menu, so I keep accidentally opening new windows rather than tabs, but hopefully I'll catch on and get it right sooner or later!
    oz

I was going to ask the same. I am opening new windows all the time. It's default in Chrome. It looks like FireFox Dev Team got inspiration from both IE and Chrome.

And I was about to post my confusion about opening new page in IE tab accidentally all the times(the add-on I added) , darn

Banned
    Firefox 4?

Well, here's my very quick and to-the-point assessment of FF4 after having used it for 24 hours:

shi**y, crappy browser with a half-f***ed implementation of WebGL that refuses to play nice with fglrx or Forceware.

Back to Chromium it is.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 03-24-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: See forum rules/ no vulgarities

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast