Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
We always have an annual "Seen any good movies lately?" thread, so I was thinking that a good music thread might also draw some interest. I just purchased and listed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Heard any good music lately? (2011)

We always have an annual "Seen any good movies lately?" thread, so I was thinking that a good music thread might also draw some interest.

I just purchased and listed to Lullaby, by Jewel. Don't let the title fool you. This is not a children only album but is music for listeners of all ages, and if you know and like Jewel, you should love this:

Lullaby (Jewel album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So how about it... have any of the rest of you heard any good music lately that you might want to tell us about?
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I'm a bit "new age" in my music tastes and love pretty much anything by Medwyn Goodall but Even Wolves Dream by Anthony Miles is probably my favourite album for after work relaxation
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

I'm glad you put up this post Ozar because music wise I have been out of it for a long time..

When Ms Esperanza Spalding won her recent award I went to pick up a couple of her CD's to see what folks were talking about.

The last CD I purchased before then was Bunkka by Oakenfold because " Ready Steady Go " was used in a couple of movies that I liked.

What is happening on the Jazz scene lately?
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Can't say what's been happening with jazz because I've never been a big fan of it, although my wife's a fan. I've always been more into blues, rock, bluegrass, and certain other components of country music, while still liking bits of other musical styles if they are performed well. On the other hand, opera is one music genre to which I've never been able to adjust, even for a few moments.
    oz

Linux Guru
    Last edited by rokytnji; 03-26-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Can't say what's been happening with jazz because I've never been a big fan of it, although my wife's a fan. I've always been more into blues, rock, bluegrass, and certain other components of country music, while still liking bits of other musical styles if they are performed well. On the other hand, opera is one music genre to which I've never been able to adjust, even for a few moments.
    I quite like country music and will seek out a bit of bluegrass on you tube every now and then. I really like Nancy Griffith and think that these guys can only be described as insane geniuses. For comparision the original by the Sex Pistols who I've just remembered liking.

Completely agree about the Opera.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy

missing plugin

Okay, I've gone nearly a year without it, but it's pretty clear based on the replies by Roky and elija that it's about time to install Flash Player, once again!
    oz

I listen to all kinds of music, and I really enjoy me some heavy tunes. If you like experimental music and heavy-metal, I think you may enjoy Intronaut. Check out a song off their new album, "Valley of Smoke":

YouTube - Intronaut - Valley of Smoke

It's instrumental and quite a lovely song. It isn't very heavy, but it has it's parts. Complex drum patterns, warm fretless electric bass with far-out guitar riffs in unorthodox time-signatures!

Sorry Roky but I only have dial up so your You Tube links are beyond my computer.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Sorry Roky but I only have dial up so your You Tube links are beyond my computer.
    Hey Cuz, now don't be afeared. Look for cclive in synaptic package manager (use the search box). It is a small lightweight command line tool for downloading Youtube videos in terminal. When done installing.

Code:
    biker:~$ cclive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrNDkklWHyA&feature=fvst
    [1] 3298
    biker:~$ Checking ... .... ........done.
    Les Claypool Booneville Stomp Prawn Song Records  10.7M  51.0K/s  00:00:02  98%

biker:~$ cclive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEkR3YRUnQ&feature=related[1] 4126
    biker:~$ Checking ... ...... ........done.
    Little Feat Rock and Roll Doctor.flv              1.7M  176.0K/s  00:00:39  20%
    Just type cclive in terminal and copy and paste the youtube url from address bar in browser after cclive (hit space bar before pasting in url) you just typed in a open terminal, like is shown in my above code tags. Hit Enter. It will download youtube video as a flv file. I can watch it in Gnome Mplayer. Use the video player of your choice. You will find the downloaded flv in your /home. Cut and paste from /home to your video folder.

Edit: For Ozar to if you don't want to install flashplayer.

screenshot1.jpg
    Last edited by rokytnji; 03-27-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast