Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, First of all my name is Kamarul Hashim, I am a Doctoral Candidate at AUT University, New Zealand.My research area is on understanding user's behavior in online communities. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

continuous knowledge contribution

Hi everybody,

First of all my name is Kamarul Hashim, I am a Doctoral Candidate at AUT University, New Zealand.My research area is on understanding user's behavior in online communities. In my doctoral study, my focus is to understand user's continuous knowledge contribution behavior using business online communities. Linux Forum is well known for its extensive knowledge sharing activities. Thus justifying why I chose this community as my research sample. Furthermore to maintain the vibrant within this community it is important to understand what are the factors that might influence members' continuous knowledge contribution behavior.

Therefore I am happy to invite those with expereince contributing knowledge using this forum to participate in my web survey. Knowledge contributor is not limited to those who have posted new articles or solutions into the forum but also including members who have posted answer to asked questions and redirect others to potential resources (other web pages/post or individuals).The information from this web survey will be used for my doctoral thesis.

But the only problem I have at the moment is that I can't post the link to my web survey. This is because I'm still new in the community thus i'm not allowed to submit a thread with a URL in it. Can anybody help me?

*P/S: Sorry if my call for participation is considered as misusing the community.

Sincerely,
    Kamarul Hashim

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

You can check the following thread for some workarounds to the URL posting issue:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-user-faq.html
    oz

Try leaving out the dots. Interested users can copy the url, insert the dots, and respond. i.e. www linuxforums org Good luck with your research.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!

Continuous Knowledge Contribution Behavior

First of all I wanna say TQ very much to MASONTX for his information on how to post a thread with URL (I'm not allowed because I'm a newbie).

So, I am very happy to invite everybody with experience contributing knowledge to the Linux forum to participate in my web survey.

the URL for web survey is

www[dot]survs[dot]com[slash]survey[slash]A8JNBBXX62

when paste the address replace the dot with [.] and slash with [/].

For those who have not read my earlier thread, below are some information about my study.

-----------------------************************------------------------------------

Hi everybody,

First of all my name is Kamarul Hashim, I am a Doctoral Candidate at AUT University, New Zealand.My research area is on understanding user's behavior in online communities. In my doctoral study, my focus is to understand user's continuous knowledge contribution behavior using business online communities. Linux Forum is well known for its extensive knowledge sharing activities. Thus justifying why I chose this community as a sample. Furthermore to maintain the vibrant within this community it is important to understand what are the factors that might influence members' continuous knowledge contribution behavior.

Therefore I am happy to invite those with expereince contributing knowledge using this forum to participate in my web survey. Knowledge contributor is not limited to those who have posted new articles or solutions into the forum but also including members who have posted answer to asked questions and redirect others to potential resources (other web pages/post or individuals).The information from this web survey will be used for my doctoral thesis.
    --------------------------------*******************-----------------------------------------

Hope you guys can spend 5-7 minutes of your valuable time to help me in my study. I really appreciate your effort and help.

Regards,
    Kamarul Hashim

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Survey taken!

Please don't be offended if I advise people to take these surveys in a disposable VM. We seem to be getting a lot of social engineering attacks in the UK at the moment and a healthy sense of paranoia does help keep ones systems secure.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Please don't be offended if I advise people to take these surveys in a disposable VM. We seem to be getting a lot of social engineering attacks in the UK at the moment and a healthy sense of paranoia does help keep ones systems secure.
    Well, if only people who use VMs can safely answer, he's not going to get much response! I don't think I'm much of a target for social engineers anyway; as a long-retired person, I no longer know anything that's worth stealing.

I must admit I had to give a neutral answer to several questions because I just couldn't understand them.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Just Joined!
    Elija & Hazel..thank you very much..

Survey taken, good luck with your studies.
    Registered Linux user #526930