Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Originally Posted by TaZMAniac This is one of the greatest paybacks ever! ‪Greatest Prank Call Ever! Murder Scene‬‏ - YouTube Great one Taz, though he did get a little carried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZMAniac View Post
    This is one of the greatest paybacks ever!
    ‪Greatest Prank Call Ever! Murder Scene‬‏ - YouTube
    Great one Taz, though he did get a little carried away and ridiculous towards the end.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Ozar, I see that fastmail is now owned by Opera.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Ozar, I see that fastmail is now owned by Opera.
    I dropped gmail and opera for fastmail, but then opera purchased fastmail. However, they kept the fastmail format the way it was and in fact added other enhancements. Then, they converted all the previous operamail users over to the fastmail service/format. Fastmail is far better than the old operamail service was, at least in my own opinion.
    oz

I still use dial up so I know that I have to use the standard google view to add any contacts. i was certainly surprised to see all of the changes that appeared. I was more surprised that the new contact that I entered and addressed an email to came right back to my inbox. I guess if a person does not have broadband google hasn't any use for us!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I still use dial up so I know that I have to use the standard google view to add any contacts. i was certainly surprised to see all of the changes that appeared. I was more surprised that the new contact that I entered and addressed an email to came right back to my inbox. I guess if a person does not have broadband google hasn't any use for us!
    Usually, when Google changes their formats, they have an option to keep the old "classic" version. Go to "settings" and see if you can set that as an option.

To change your preferences, just click the gear icon at the top of any Gmail page. From there, select Mail settings and navigate to one of the appropriate tabs:
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I've already set some of my google email accounts to HTML, Rubberman, but with " free " comes all of these promotional hassles!! ps I watched your Farscape DVD again, yesterday!! Thanks!!
    Linux user # 414321

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I'm using Chrome w/ adblock extension - no unwanted promotional cruft seen...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Hey, Lucky.
    If it helps any, I'm using FireFox with adblock. No promotional stuff here, either.
    Figured if you didn't want to download Chrome, the FF add-on might be a quicker process for you.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I'm using Seamonkey with adblock on all profiles. I do not use Firefox for anything because I just do not like it.
    I'm learning to go directly to websites now instead of dealing with the email links and I just might just change
    my whole internet behavior with a brand new system!!

Yahoo has extended their update deadline to 8-27-11. I don't think this idea is working out as they had planned it to.
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 08-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Linux user # 414321

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I dropped gmail and opera for fastmail, but then opera purchased fastmail. However, they kept the fastmail format the way it was and in fact added other enhancements. Then, they converted all the previous operamail users over to the fastmail service/format. Fastmail is far better than the old operamail service was, at least in my own opinion.
    I've set up some Fastmail email accounts but it was a little difficult for two of them because I paid for them using paypal.
    You are right Ozar it is a much better setup than operamail. Thank You for the tip!!
    Someday I'm going to look at yahoo's new terms of service fine print in its upgrade!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast