Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
A couple of weeks ago Google mail wanted my phone number in case I lost my password. Yahoo mail is telling me to " upgrade my browser " before its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Please Stop Already!

A couple of weeks ago Google mail wanted my phone number in case I lost my password.

Yahoo mail is telling me to " upgrade my browser " before its too late.

Google is now advising me to do " email interventions " on my friends and relatives.

It may be that I'm just too old to see any relevance to these inane ploys that these companies spend lots of money to come up with.

I am not switching browsers, or providing any phone numbers, nor am I doing any Interventions!!

How about leaving everybody alone and just provide the service you are supposed to!! Gee *%#& Whiz!!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Wife uses Yahoo Mail. She also is a diehard Windows user. Personally. I can't stand either one. It gets me frustrated every time I have to boot up Windows XP on my bike tuning computers to update AVs, Java, Flash, Malwarebytes, Windows KBs, Spyware Balster Definitions, and the reboots go on. I feel kinda greasy after all of that. Plus I am spoiled on loadup times in AntiX.

I haven't got the notifications from gmail like you are getting Cuz. But lately I have been running Beta Firefox 6 along with current Iceape and all my java, flash, etc...... are all current since I run Debian Testing.

Maybe Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and your Open Suse install is getting long in the tooth (like us )

It's like having a salesman at your door who will not go away until you hit him in the head with a bat!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Almost as annoying as those damned robo phone calls! Sometimes I want to reach through the phone and strangle someone!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Speaking of phone calls, I made the mistake of trying to "talk" to one of the sales callers. I wanted to opt out of getting any more phone calls, but was polite, and told them I didn't appreciate getting called during the day and evening with sales calls. The salesman asked me "If you don't want people to call you, why do you have a phone?" Evidently they view the fact that I have a phone as an open invitation for them to call, and receiving sales calls the primary reason for someone to own a phone.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Sales calls?

I found an effective Counter-Script to use when sales callers bother you
    elija and jayd512 like this.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I am not switching browsers, or providing any phone numbers, nor am I doing any Interventions!!
    Same here... gmail has far too many annoyances for me to use them as a serious email services provider. Them asking me to push their services onto my friends doesn't help the situation any. I switched to fastmail just over a year ago and have never looked back, although I do check my gmail accounts now and then just to keep them active in case things should ever change there.
    oz

Never heard of fastmail, Ozar, but both google and yahoo are driving me up a wall. Rather than hurdle past all the obstacles
    I'm going directly to my favorite websites instead of getting frustrated every day. Today yahoo wants to know if I want to change my questions.

Clearly the people sitting at the desks high up in these companies have nothing to do but devise ways to annoy other human beings!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast