Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Everyone, I am new to UNIX/ Linux. I am in a class for introductory UNIX/Linux and am struggling to figure things out. I am also considering seriously continuing with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hi All Noob here

Hi Everyone,

I am new to UNIX/ Linux.

I am in a class for introductory UNIX/Linux and am struggling to figure things out.

I am also considering seriously continuing with Linux in the future and truly learning how to use it and how it works.

IKE

Just Joined!
    welcome indeed! We won't help with your homework, but can tell you where some good references live. Have fun!

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your class.
    Registered Linux user #526930

test post

Welcome to Linux, and to Linuxforums.

We can kind of help you with your homework, if you post what you're trying and how it's not working for you, specifically. What we won't do is do your homework for you.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coyboss View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to UNIX/ Linux.

I am in a class for introductory UNIX/Linux and am struggling to figure things out.

I am also considering seriously continuing with Linux in the future and truly learning how to use it and how it works.

IKE
    Approach Linux as though you know nothing, it's a completely different concept, but most people using Linux came fro a Windows background and have become very competent.
    There is a handy guide I have recommended to others over the years and there are others like the manual that comes with openSUSE, other free manuals for Ubuntu are on the web also.
    http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz is a handy reference, available also as a pdf download.

Just Joined!
    Hello Coyboss, welcome to our forum and enjoy the ride. A fair analogy of Windows verses Linux might be a car, if its auto gearbox its a Windows car and you have no choice when you drive it. However if it has a clutch and manual gearbox its a Linux car and you can choose how you want to drive it. its the same with the software systems, kind regards Bob.