Results 1 to 1 of 1
August 25, 1991, A student of IT in Helsinki University, named Torvalds Linus had announced the first release of a free and open source kernel named “LINUX”. From that day ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-20-2011 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
"Linux Day 2011'' Bangladesh, Celebrating 20th Birthday of Linux
Date & Time: August 25, 2011, Thursday. Starts from 10:00 AM.
Place: Teachers-Students Center (TSC), Dhaka University
1. We will start for a rally on 10:00 AM from the Public Library gate at Shahbag and the rally will round up through Raju Monument, Shaheed Minar, Bangla Academy and ends at the Pakhi Chattar at Dhaka University.
2. At 10:30 AM the main program will began at the lobby and games room of TSC and there will be a show of Banners and Festoons and Paper Dongles featuring the Power of Open Source and Linux, History and timeline of Linux, Organization working for Open Source and Linux promotions etc. This program will be open for all.
3. A video show will be there for all featuring the enthusiasts and lovers of Linux and organizations working for Open Source and Linux promotions and contributions.
4. At Afternoon from 16:00 a conversation will be started to share information and knowledge among the invited guests and enthusiasts and the visitors came the show and program.
5. Moreover there will be an arrangement where the the visitors may collect their desired Linux in ISO format on Pen drive or in boot able format in CD/DVD media.
Last edited by oz; 09-05-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: signature removed