Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Yesterday some guy left a message for me about selling or developing my recently purchased domain of resnullius.us and I was just amazed!!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yesterday some guy left a message for me about selling or developing my recently purchased domain of resnullius.us
    and I was just amazed!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    At the top of my list is strange people that are under the impression that my life or thoughts must go on hold because I owe them something!
    And don't you forget you own me too.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

True story. I used to be polite to telemarketers, and tell them no thank you etc, until ... One day a telemarketer called and when I told him no thank you, I didn't buy products from telephone solicitors, he responded "Well why do you have a phone then?" I guess in his world the only reason to have a phone was for him to sell me something on it. Since then I just hang up, or don't answer in the first place.
    Registered Linux user #526930

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    When I pick up my ringing telephone I expect someone I know to be on the line. Last year some woman called my phone
    four times in ten days. " you have the wrong number " did not register with her; so I did a #69 and got her phone
    number and I went to the police station and filed a " harassment report " and then I sent a certified letter to Verizon
    requesting that that phone number be blocked from reaching my phone forever. Drastic, but necessary, measures to insure
    peace and quiet!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Back before cell phones, I had my home number connected to an 800 number, so I could call home when I was away from home, and not have to hassle with making a collect call. Someone across the country decided my 800 number belonged to the Social Security Administration, and kept waking us up early in the morning demanding her money. She simply wouldn't believe that she had the wrong number, and in addition to waking us up, I had to pay for the phone calls. Someone else got that 800 number.

I also get calls from bill collectors. They usually don't even come on the line if I answer, and the few times they do, they're looking for someone I don't even know. I think they just dial random numbers hoping to find someone by accident - I have no other explanation for why they call me, since I have no late bills.

Quote Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
    I'm generally ruder to telemarketers than they are to to me... it's case of

"hello I'm calling from..."

"are you selling something..."

"yes it's..."

"not interested bye"
    Wow, that's almost word for word what happens when someone comes to my door selling something. I don't feel it's all that rude, if you give them half a chance they will be downright rude, arrogant and adamant that you buy their items.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Wow, that's almost word for word what happens when someone comes to my door selling something. I don't feel it's all that rude, if you give them half a chance they will be downright rude, arrogant and adamant that you buy their items.
    My dog popeye stops em at the sidewalk.
    MikeTbob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    My dog popeye stops em at the sidewalk.
    LOL I would but I think my dog would actually bite someone.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Got another robocall to my cell phone today. I missed it, but it showed up on the missed call list. The same company has called my home phone several times, always a recorded message saying they want to lower my interest rate. Technology does have its downside.

So today I'm on a bus reading my newspaper and this guy sits on the other end of the seat.
    Eventually he starts talking on his cell phone with his loud mouth in the direction of my right ear.

I put my paper down and looked at him. I knew right away that this grown man had the
    immature mind of a pre-teen so I did not ask him to point his mouth in another direction.
    I put away my glasses and put away the newspaper. After two stops a young female got out
    of the rear seat to get off of the bus. I took my cane, plastic bag, and grocery cart and went
    to the back of the bus to peace and quiet. The ignorant slob I had moved away from had his
    feet on the seat where I had been sitting down as he kept loudly yapping into his cell phone.

When he finished talking he spread his leg into the bus aisle and began picking out his nose. He
    kept glancing back at me to see if I was looking at him but my eyes were focused on the passing
    trees and blue sky while my insides rejoiced at the sense I displayed in just getting away from him!!
    elija likes this.
    Linux user # 414321

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast