Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I just went to one of my seldom used Seamonkey profiles and found that the gmail account there not only had the user name and password that I had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Very Strange Stuff!

Well I just went to one of my seldom used Seamonkey profiles and found that the gmail account there not only had the user name and password that I had put there but two other user names of " atomphei " and " nestifir "!

I surely did not put these items there and no one uses my computer but me; so how on earth did they get there??

The user name and password ( whatever was there ) did not work at google that said the user name and password did not match in each case.

I hope someone at LF might be able to explain this! Thanks!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Right click on their profile. Delete them and passwords. See if they come back. You might have gone to a site that you forgot about maybe is all I can think of.

Some of the phone lines got crossed during Irene and there are lots of teenagers with laptops in my building are the only two things I can think of that might be to blame. I deleted the stuff right away and later I'm going to check all
    of my stored stuff!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you are worried about your Gmail profile security, you can also check the little link at the bottom of a Gmail page.
    Should look like this, on the bottom right:
    Code:
    Last account activity: 21 minutes ago
    Details
    Click on 'Details' and you'll see the last 10 IP addresses that accessed that account. At least, then, you'll know if your account was compromised.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Thanks JD!! Everything looks normal.

As I never created google accounts under " atomphei " or " nestifir " I can not figure out how those user names appeared in my saved passwords in that one very seldom used google account!! I guess I'll never really know just how it came to pass!!
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 09-06-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Linux user # 414321

No Stored Gmail Accounts!

I mainly use a Seamonkey browser this morning 9-7-11 none of my google accounts, in any Seamonkey profile, are automatically appearing. I checked the managed passwords and they are all still there. Everything is working normally for other websites including this one. Have I got a " Google Virus "??

Aha, Gmail has a new sign in URL: https://accounts.google.com
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 09-07-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    Linux user # 414321

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I mainly use a Seamonkey browser this morning 9-7-11 none of my google accounts, in any Seamonkey profile, are automatically appearing. I checked the managed passwords and they are all still there. Everything is working normally for other websites including this one. Have I got a " Google Virus "??

Aha, Gmail has a new sign in URL: https://accounts.google.com
    That explains why mine didn't auto-populate for me earlier today.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Although I've entered everything in my Gmail accounts some of them require that I type in my user name and password each time. What's up with that? The MyWay email accounts that I have do not save passwords either; but that has been happening since the last Seamonkey upgrade on Ubuntu 8.04 wiped out all of my profiles.
    Linux user # 414321