Find the answer to your Linux question:
Do any of you happen to wear computer glasses (not regular reading glasses) when using your computer, and if so, do they seem to help you with eye strain, blurred ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Do any of you wear computer glasses?

Do any of you happen to wear computer glasses (not regular reading glasses) when using your computer, and if so, do they seem to help you with eye strain, blurred vision, etc?

What about the slight yellow tint that many of them have... does this bit of coloring bother you when looking at your computer screen?

I'm thinking about trying them but before making any purchases would like to hear from any of you that have experience with them.

Thanks for any advice, tips, or other info.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Ya i use anti-glares and there is no yellow tint on my screen.

oz
    forum.guy

update

I went ahead and purchased some computer glasses and while they do help with screen glare, I don't like the way they change the screen colors slightly. In fact, rather than making things better they seem to be giving me headaches, but maybe it just takes a while to adjust to them. I'll keep using them for another week or so and make a final decision regarding computer glasses at that time.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Thanks for the info. I had never even heard of the computer glasses before. I think it's a cool idea if nothing else and I'm sure people use them or they'd stop making them. Let us know how it goes, Ozar.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!

headache

I only use glasses when I have a headache and usually it helps to keep working. But if putting the glasses on gives you headaches I would say this is really bad.

My wife has some computer glasses, but they are not for glare, just to get the focal length right for working on a computer. She normally wears bifocals, and the lower lens is too low for her to focus on the screen without tilting her head at an odd angle, while the upper focuses too far away.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    Here's an article with more info on computer glasses for anyone that wants to know what they are and why a computer user might need them:

Computer Glasses - What Are Computer Glasses

It's all about "computer vision syndrome".
    oz

I have never tried " computer glasses " but I have tried all kinds of eyewear because I am addicted to my computer. I find that enlarging the type is a lot easier on my eyes. I have also found that flushing my eyes with warm water every now and then does my eyes a great deal of good. - Just an old man's two cents worth, Ozar!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!