Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bemk
Wouldn't it be nice if we could atract people from the evil claws of Windows and show the the cool world of linux? Maybe if there was a very successfull ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thumbs up How can we publicise Linux?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could atract people from the evil claws of Windows and show the the cool world of linux?
    Maybe if there was a very successfull game, made available to every OS but Windows (I haven't got anything against Steve).
    But since almost everybody in the gaming world is in it for the fame or the money, I doubt it.
    What do you guys (and girls) think?

Does it need to be publicised? Everyone who needs to be involved in all the various projects that make it up are already there. It does everything I need of it (and more, there are so many ways in which I've not pushed it, even after all these years). If others use it or not, that's their choice. I have liberty to use it or anything else as I see fit, others should have the same privilege.

Also, I don't think it's unreasonable for commercial games companies to be in it for the money. After all, they clue is in the word 'commercial'.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Yeah, but I tought Linux sucked, back when I was a windows dumbass, and now I realize that windows is the one that sucks.
    Just tought it would be nice if more people could realize this! Just the fun they're missing out...
    I'm going to be honest, I have a dual-boot with windows7 but just because i like video games and I don't own a PS3 or a Xbox.
    The day that games start to get out for linux too, is the day that windows dies.

None of the large OS'es suck. It's just that there isn't such a thing possible as the perfect system for everybody.
    If that means people will get to be stuck with Windows, it's their fault for not looking what's out there. The people that do look a bit further because they're interested, will hopefully be welcomed by a warm community.

I don't care if you use Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac or any other OS out there, as long as you're happy, it's ok.
    jayd512 likes this.
    Full time computer science student, spare time OS developer.
    @bemk92 on twitter.

Well said.
    Not to mention the fact that you don't grow to the software giant that is MicroSoft by putting out a sucky product.

Wel... not totally 100% sucky
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Linux grows and grows in popularity all the time i mean come on its the most used enterprise server OS in the world, thats what really matters i mean if you think about linux pretty much runs the whole entire internet lol Plus i am doing my job by showing off my linux and freeBSD tattoos lol if you really wanna advertise just wear a shirt with tux on it and when people ask you about your shirt tell them about linux! thats what i do with my tats oh and you can play games on linux like WoW thats the beauty of wine lol