Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Best Brand for your money

My advice,buy a Dell,since they are the only ones that you can rely on now.

All of the others don't include recovery discs with their computers,& that is the key.

RECOVERY DISC=GOLD

Dell doesn't either,but if you are really nice (or find the website that I landed on by accident) the will send you a set (recovery,software,etc) for FREE.

Now,obviously,there is a limit to this,& someday they might not do this anymore.

For $500,you could get an average Inspiron with a 500 GB HD,but if you check the Dell Outlet,you can get something really nice with a 90 day warranty (parts & labor,which is a little cheap,but oh well).

As Robert Preston said in "The Music Man","let me say it once again.Gary Indiana,Gary Indiana,Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome".

Wish I had a Dell.

Tax is something that you don't like,but its usually there.

Last edited by parisiangirl72; 10-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parisiangirl72 View Post
    My advice,but a Dell,since they are the only ones that you can rely on now.

All of the others don't include recovery discs with their computers,& that is the key.

RECOVERY DISC=GOLD

Dell doesn't either,but if you are really nice (or find the website that I landed on by accident) the will send you a set (recovery,software,etc) for FREE.

Now,obviously,there is a limit to this,& someday they might not do this anymore.

For $500,you could get an average Inspiron with a 500 GB HD,but if you check the Dell Outlet,you can get something really nice with a 90 day warranty (parts & labor,which is a little cheap,but oh well).

As Robert Preston said in "The Music Man","let me say it once again.Gary Indiana,Gary Indiana,Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome".

Wish I had a Dell.

Tax is something that you don't like,but its usually there.

I don't pay taxes for many items, Just saying.

I'm wondering I just bought a new 32" inch lcd tv / tv acl (LG).Could I some how connect that to the Asus laptop and use that as a monitor?

The laptop you linked early on had an HDMI port.
    If the TV has the same connection, then yes. It's now your big honkin' monitor.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    The laptop you linked early on had an HDMI port.
    If the TV has the same connection, then yes. It's now your big honkin' monitor.
    Very nice, I got another question. What's the difference between these two laptops except price and 3d? I don't need 3d. The other difference is blue-ray which I don't fully understand, but I don't need blueray as well. The cheaper one would be a better option since I don't need the extra add-ons?

Newegg.com - ASUS G74 Series G74SX-3DE Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 12GB Memory DDR3 1333 1.5TB HDD 7200rpm Blu-Ray Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

Newegg.com - ASUS G74 Series G74SX-A1 Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 12GB Memory DDR3 1333 1.5TB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

It's a $200 price tag for add-ons I don't need? Am I right on saying this?

Identical but for one key feature.
    The more expensive one has 3D graphics added in.
    Not my cup o' tea, but very nice all the same.

I'd probly get the cheaper one.

And while you don't need Blu-Ray right now... I think we all have to kneel to the fact that it's the new 'in thing' and will progress from there.
    I remember thinking that I didn't need a DVD player/burner...
    Last edited by jayd512; 10-10-2011 at 02:24 AM.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I have never touched blu-ray technology or 3d technology when it comes to editing. That's above what I even need it for anyways. As long as I can get 720p it's all good.

I have found my computer. Thank you.