Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello LinuxForums, I decided to join your community because I find that my distro's website doesn't seem appropriate for certain questions that I have, or general GNU/Linux discussion. I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello All

Hello LinuxForums,

I decided to join your community because I find that my distro's website doesn't seem appropriate for certain questions that I have, or general GNU/Linux discussion.

I am a Gentoo user as of June, and have previously used Xubuntu, and Arch, and tried Fedora once. I enjoy using Gentoo because I believe it have the best package manager, not for the optimizations, though I feel with Gentoo I have the opportunity (and obligation) to delve further into Linux.

Currently I am a college student studying mechanical engineering at Cornell.

-Derek

Quote Originally Posted by faustism View Post
    Hello LinuxForums,

I decided to join your community because I find that my distro's website doesn't seem appropriate for certain questions that I have, or general GNU/Linux discussion.

I am a Gentoo user as of June, and have previously used Xubuntu, and Arch, and tried Fedora once. I enjoy using Gentoo because I believe it have the best package manager, not for the optimizations, though I feel with Gentoo I have the opportunity (and obligation) to delve further into Linux.

Currently I am a college student studying mechanical engineering at Cornell.

-Derek
    faustism!

Welcome to the Forums! Feel free to ask anything regarding any issues you might encounter. Gurus here are generally very friendly and always eager to be of help, as per my own experience. ENJOY!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Hello and Welcome!
    I feel with Gentoo I have the opportunity (and obligation) to delve further into Linux.
    I like that line of thinking!
    Though I've not sunk my teeth into Gentoo. But CRUX did the same thing for me!
    And it's made Slackware all the easier handle because of it!

have previously used Xubuntu, and Arch, and tried Fedora once.
    A term that was floating round here for a while was 'distro-slut'. Sounds like you, like most of us, went through the same phase.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Glad to have you join us. Sounds like you have a fair amount of experience already.
    Registered Linux user #526930