Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all! My name is David, I am 21, and I am a Debian user. I have been a Linux User since 2006. I just made the switch from Ubuntu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

New forum member here!

Hello all! My name is David, I am 21, and I am a Debian user. I have been a Linux User since 2006. I just made the switch from Ubuntu to Debian, it is a big step for me. I quit Ubuntu because of their community. They are rude and all kinds of other stuff that I will not go into. I am choosing Debian now and some new forums. I am hoping that these forums are just as fast as the Ubuntu Forums. It is good to be here and great to be a Debian user!
    David!

Welcome aboard, Dave!

This is a pretty good group we have here. And you'll usually get some prompt and polite replies.
    Take a look around... I'm sure you'll like it here.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Howdy!
    This is a fine forum and rude people are not a problem here. Hope you enjoy using the forums as much as we do.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

David!

Welcome to LF! I've had some not so good experience with other sites before. That was mainly the reason I decided to stay here. Hope you enjoy it here too!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Hey David nice to meet you and welcome to our forums. I just recently joined but i love these forums everyone here is very polite and i always get very prompt responses to my questions! I am still a noob to linux but i am learning quickly because of these forums. I am sorry to here about your ubuntu experience! I am running ubuntu but i have never had any problem with the community because the only community i belong to is here and everyone is great! Hope to see more posts from you

Just Joined!
    Hi David,
    I'm also a Ubuntu user (just briefly as yet) and in defence of the Ubuntu community, I have found help and friendly cooperation. I must say that the problem I presented has not yet been solved -- but several people tried to help. I must add that I put the same problem to this forum -- without solution as yet (refer 'Newbie' Forum #905209)
    Cheers, Rex. (Groware)

Welcome to the forum. As stated, we are pretty friendly and helpful. Enjoy your time here.
    Registered Linux user #526930