Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Amelia, Ohio

New forum member here!

Hello all! My name is David, I am 21, and I am a Debian user. I have been a Linux User since 2006. I just made the switch from Ubuntu to Debian, it is a big step for me. I quit Ubuntu because of their community. They are rude and all kinds of other stuff that I will not go into. I am choosing Debian now and some new forums. I am hoping that these forums are just as fast as the Ubuntu Forums. It is good to be here and great to be a Debian user!

Welcome aboard, Dave!

This is a pretty good group we have here. And you'll usually get some prompt and polite replies.
    Take a look around... I'm sure you'll like it here.

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

This is a fine forum and rude people are not a problem here. Hope you enjoy using the forums as much as we do.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open

Welcome to LF! I've had some not so good experience with other sites before. That was mainly the reason I decided to stay here. Hope you enjoy it here too!
    Linux User #489667

Hey David nice to meet you and welcome to our forums. I just recently joined but i love these forums everyone here is very polite and i always get very prompt responses to my questions! I am still a noob to linux but i am learning quickly because of these forums. I am sorry to here about your ubuntu experience! I am running ubuntu but i have never had any problem with the community because the only community i belong to is here and everyone is great! Hope to see more posts from you

Hi David,
    I'm also a Ubuntu user (just briefly as yet) and in defence of the Ubuntu community, I have found help and friendly cooperation. I must say that the problem I presented has not yet been solved -- but several people tried to help. I must add that I put the same problem to this forum -- without solution as yet (refer 'Newbie' Forum #905209)
    Cheers, Rex. (Groware)

Mason Texas
    Welcome to the forum. As stated, we are pretty friendly and helpful. Enjoy your time here.
    Registered Linux user #526930