Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeTbob
  • 1 Post By MikeTbob
Hi, Figured I would post about my two palmtops I bought two hp660lx at a garage sale for ten dollars a piece, not knowing if they worked or not. They ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

hp660lx and hp620lx :D

Hi,
    Figured I would post about my two palmtops

I bought two hp660lx at a garage sale for ten dollars a piece, not knowing if they worked or not. They have been kind of just paper weights in my closet for months now, as I couldn't find a cord anywhere for them.

Well, today I found a garage sale that was all computer stuff on craigslist. So I went there, and they had this hp620lx:

I got it for fifteen dollars, it has the original box, and all the CDs and papers to it.

I plugged it in when I got it home and it worked. So after it charged up I plugged in my hp660lx one at a time and they worked also.

Here's the 620lx in its dock

And here's one of the 660lx running

The 620lx only has 16MB (about) of RAM and the 660lx have about 36-37MB (about) of RAM.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
    jreidsma likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Red face

Thanks

I tried looking for linux for them, so I could use them with internet. But all I found was one distro and it sounded like a big pain to install and run.

I will probably just keep them like they are now. They are decent for typing, they have microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint. And there's always solitaire

Quote Originally Posted by jreidsma View Post
    Thanks

I tried looking for linux for them, so I could use them with internet. But all I found was one distro and it sounded like a big pain to install and run.

I will probably just keep them like they are now. They are decent for typing, they have microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint. And there's always solitaire
    That's probably what I would do with them. Hook up an Ethernet connection and let family and friends kids play with them instead of having to hook up the "Big dawgs" for visitors. I get really nervous when kids play with any of my machines.
    jreidsma likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Hi,
    Ya, when people want to get on my computers I am usual right there watching . I have so much security stuff and add ons that firefox is confusing to people other then myself or people that don't know that much about computers.

I never really get anyone wanting to get on my computers though. And seeing as I am a teenager, I don't think there will be anyone younger then me on them for a while

These will only get internet with wifi. They have no ethernet connector. And they are too outdated to use internet anyways.

Now they are working paper weights! (Joking, they are better then that )