Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayd512
So I have been using Linux for about 4 years now. During which I started learning it because it is becoming needed in the IT field, and it has developed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New to the Community

So I have been using Linux for about 4 years now. During which I started learning it because it is becoming needed in the IT field, and it has developed to the point that I want to make the switch from Microsoft to Linux.

I have dabbled around with quite a few distros, most of them Debian variants. In the IT world I'm a server virtualization guy that also does IT Consulting work. That is a field that requires you to know a thing or two about Microsoft products. I even worked for them for a year, and after getting a full taste of who they are... It solidified my desires to make the move to what I feel is a more socially responsible format and culture.

So I hope that over time I can be an asset to the Linux community, but for now, label me noob and let's get the beatings overwith

No noob beatings here i am a mega noob but i have been accepted with open arms here glad to have you. I like to run my servers with red hat distros but desktop i prefer ubuntu but i digress. Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums. We are glad to have you here.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Hello and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by gmbaal View Post
    ...but for now, label me noob and let's get the beatings overwith
    <reaches for Shimmering Clue-Bat of the Noob +5>
    I'm ready for ya
    champ_weller likes this.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Ahh.... now I feel at home! Thanks for the welcome. I come with an interesting problem that I have seen posts on other forums figuring it out with other distros. AMD Radeon HD 6450, getting a GUI installed and configured properly for it.