Find the answer to your Linux question:
My friend's mother will celebrate her 100th Birthday next month and I do not have the foggiest notion of what kind of present would be appropriate to give to her!! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What Do You Get A woman For Her 100 Birthday?

My friend's mother will celebrate her 100th Birthday next month and I do not have the foggiest notion of what kind of present would be appropriate to give to her!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

digital picture frame so she can see her good memories throughout her life in one frame

Nearly all of her photographic " memories " were taken over the years with film cameras.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Does she perhaps have a keepsake from an earlier time in her life that could use a deep cleaning?
    Or some repair and restore?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

She has too many to count, JD, I wanted to get her something that she does not already have!!
    Linux user # 414321

Gave my Mom a kitten. She still has it and got another as a companion. They keep her company and she loves them. I don't know how frail your buddies mom is though or if they will approve of it. My Mom is pushing 80.

Another thing I do is find out what favorite childhood dishes she prefers on her bithday, With my mom it was a bowl of barley (concentration camp). As soon as she smelled it. She craved it.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I would agree with Rocky, most elderly have more than enough stuff. What they have a problem with is getting around and cooking like they used to, so a well considered food treat usually pleases them more than another trinket. Talk with the woman and find out what her favorite foods or treats are, considering any dietary restrictions and the ability to chew and digest.
    Registered Linux user #526930