Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
@panosGR, try LXDE. It's really lightweight and it's an improvement over XFCE. I really recommend it...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

@panosGR, try LXDE. It's really lightweight and it's an improvement over XFCE. I really recommend it

Just Joined!
    I downloaded the live CD of Fedora Xfce and ran it and I'm pretty impressed with the speed (boot up time and desktop responsiveness)!!

@basica: I'll also try LXDE since I have it on my netbook (although I have a Mint distro there)

I'm guessing that in any of the two (Xfce/LXDE), I can install my (proprietary) nVidia drivers, right?

I reckon you should try FreeDOS with OpenGEM! it will take up 49MB of space, leaving you with plenty of space. It also runs on the latest CPU's and is apparently SMP capable!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by panosGR View Post
    I downloaded the live CD of Fedora Xfce and ran it and I'm pretty impressed with the speed (boot up time and desktop responsiveness)!!

@basica: I'll also try LXDE since I have it on my netbook (although I have a Mint distro there)

I'm guessing that in any of the two (Xfce/LXDE), I can install my (proprietary) nVidia drivers, right?
    Both XFCE and LXDE use the X-Windows system for display purposes, so the nVidia driver will be just fine.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I use Debian for Desktop and Server I found it very stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2