Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really couldnt find any other category that this could fall under but I figured Id give it a try. For my Lunux class at school we are to write ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with research paper???

I really couldnt find any other category that this could fall under but I figured Id give it a try.

For my Lunux class at school we are to write a research paper, specifically on a computer peripheral.

It can be any peripheral you use but I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to write about.

Like if I decide to write on a mouse, what would it be about?
    or if I decide a keyboard, what would it be about?

Its a simple paper but figuring this out is taking me longer than it should...

if you have any ideas I would apreciate it.

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

See Peripheral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google and Wikipedia are your friends ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Just Joined!
    Thanks, but Im looking for what to write about...

I know what a peripheral is and aware that there are many....but once I decide on which one to write on...the things i say in this paper are what im having trouble with...

cant be a history paper...automatic failing grade if i turn that in..

im stuck.

oz
    forum.guy
    You mentioned keyboard in your first post, so write about the old Model M keyboards once made by IBM. They were great keyboards and a popular subject among clicky keyboard enthusiasts:

Model M keyboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can google "model M keyboard" for lots of info about them.
    oz

Just Joined!
    google just spits back the same sites over and over...or most of them are websites to buy the keyboard..

thanks for the suggestion though, i apreciate it

This is one of the most interesting keyboards I ever encountered:
    Space-cadet keyboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was designed to be conducive to Lisp programming.

oz
    forum.guy
    Some of those sites where you can buy model M keyboards also have lots of info about them, but you have to search it out. In addition, the wikipedia article linked above has lots of other links to good model M info if you go all the way to the bottom of the article and look at the External Links section.

Edit: you also mentioned the mouse in your first post, so you could always write about how the laser mouse works (or any other type).
    Last edited by oz; 11-01-2011 at 02:13 AM.
    oz

Instead of writing about a peripheral itself, maybe you could alter it to describe how the device has affected computer usage.
    The mouse, for example. And the differences that it's made. Or the same thing about webcams.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    MIDI devices - how a computer can interact with musical instruments. IE, you can compose music on your computer, and then have a midi-connected piano play the composition!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!