Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes
Enlightenment DR17 is available in the Debian testing and unstable repos....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Enlightenment DR17 is available in the Debian testing and unstable repos.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Enlightenment is good, but i rarely see it compiled in an OS to just install like the others. Which makes it a bit more of a hassle to get working! they have like 10 tarballs you need before you can compile it!
    It can be found in the Arch Linux repos, so I might try it again this weekend:

Arch Linux - Package Database

It's probably been at least 7 or 8 years since I last installed it, and I didn't care much for it back then, but perhaps it or my tastes have changed. I might do another round of IceWM this weekend as well if time permits.
    oz

Check out bodhi been using it for a week. Not bad. Based on Debian.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    Check out bodhi been using it for a week. Not bad. Based on Debian.
    It appears to be 32-bit only unless they are hiding the 64-bit version, or I'm just not seeing the download for it.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    It appears to be 32-bit only unless they are hiding the 64-bit version, or I'm just not seeing the download for it.
    Yeah I am running 32 bit, kind of sucks but at the same time, it's actually a lot faster than the other distros I've run. Enlightenment uses so much less resources that so far I haven't missed having 4 gigs of RAM available and the other small (usually) performance boosts that 64 bit software give.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    I use gnome (classic) and I have no problem

Quote Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
    Enlightenment DR17 is available in the Debian testing and unstable repos.
    For some unknown reason I can't seem to edit older posts... (?) so I will post a correction here:

It's available but I believe it's hopelessly out of date - i.e. not much activity from the maintainer(s): Debian Package Tracking System - e17

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I've been trying out Cinnamon for a couple of days now. And for complete disclosure, I was expecting, no rather wanting to hate it but I don't.

It's not perfect but as a young project that is to be expected. It's quick, familiar and has plenty of eye candy but no wobbly windows; which is a serious omission in my not so humble opinion. If you are going to do eye candy then wobbling windows are neccessary. Allright optional, I know they're not to everyone's taste.

Given that it's based on Gnome 3, then it is quite configurable.It still needs more but what an improvement over Gnome's Hell.

I stll prefer XFCE but am eagerly awaiting V1.5. And what's with it being V1.4 already? Aren't open source projects supposed to take at least a decade to get to V1.0?
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
    For some unknown reason I can't seem to edit older posts... (?) so I will post a correction here:
    I think you get 24 hours to edit your posts, which is more generous than some fora and less generous than others
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I think you get 24 hours to edit your posts, which is more generous than some fora and less generous than others
    Yep...
    From the Forum User FAQ:

13) Why can't I edit my own post, or thread title?

The title of your thread can be edited for up to 20 minutes after posting. The content of your post can be edited for up to 24 hours after posting. After that, only forum administrators can edit your post.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4