Find the answer to your Linux question:
i currently have two computers to train for LPCI I and Linux+. or have one on its way. can my primary operating system be ubuntu 11.10 and the secondary learning ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking what distro for LPIC I and Linux+ studies, also, what server distro

i currently have two computers to train for LPCI I and Linux+. or have one on its way. can my primary operating system be ubuntu 11.10 and the secondary learning computer be CentOS 6.0, know that is redhat is what is commonly used in the workplace ? i'm right now using fedora 16 beta. i'm not sure if that qualifies better for my home studies than ubuntu

essentially Fedora 16 has a higher learning curve. Ubuntu is easy, but i'm not sure if sufficient for LPIC 1 and Linux+ study.

Fedora also might have a higher value in the corporate environment than ubuntu ?

also my secondary computer which i plan on running CentOS on, i could through another distro on there instead, but i feel like it might be very appropriate for workplace skills ?

but in a way i'm up in the air. i could run anything on either computer, though my preference is for ubuntu on desktop as fedora is giving me desktop usability issues.

thanks

I think you'd get the best answers by looking around on their website. Linux Professional Institute (LPI)
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

As far as my memory recalls, the LPIC exams try to be somewhat distro unspecific in order to focus on the actual mechanics of GNU/Linux; however, it does deal specifically with distros such as Debian and Red Hat, largely because they are the dominant package formats. My book is a little old now and so it may be out of date, but I'm sure they'll still require you to have knowledge of the dominant package formats (regardless of what that currently may be).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

it sounds like ubuntu and centos 6.0 based on rhel is of good use me

thank you

it sounds like ubuntu and centos 6.0 based on rhel is of good useme