Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm an old man without a lot of patience so this new food fad is not for me! However there are probably a lot of young people that would like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The 24 Hour Steak!

I'm an old man without a lot of patience so this new food fad is not for me! However there are probably a lot of young people that would like to try cooking a steak for 24 hours! See Here:
    It'll take 24 hours to cook and look like leather. But could this be the best steak you'll ever eat? | Mail Online
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Yesterday. I broke out my barbecue. Threw on some porterhouses. Dry rubbed the heck out of em. Cooked 6 minutes each side.

Did this cuz the ol lady was called into work over a dog bite.

I took some Golden Potatos and boiled them up and when done. Salt and Pepper, Mashed em up with buttermilk and cut up scallions. Then barbecued corn on the cob with red chile flakes on the cob. Butter Lettuce with roma tomatoes with a Vidalia onion vinaigrette dressing.

My wife came home from work not needing to cook dinner. A 24 hour steak would not have made this possible. West Tx barbecue FTW. Who says Bikers can't cook.

Hairy Bikers — Season One Episode Guide — History.com

wtf 450 plus you have to buy the steaks ... and how much of the plasticizer from the bag ends up in the steak?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Yesterday. I broke out my barbecue. Threw on some porterhouses. Dry rubbed the heck out of em. Cooked 6 minutes each side.

Did this cuz the ol lady was called into work over a dog bite.

I took some Golden Potatos and boiled them up and when done. Salt and Pepper, Mashed em up with buttermilk and cut up scallions. Then barbecued corn on the cob with red chile flakes on the cob. Butter Lettuce with roma tomatoes with a Vidalia onion vinaigrette dressing.

My wife came home from work not needing to cook dinner. A 24 hour steak would not have made this possible. West Tx barbecue FTW. Who says Bikers can't cook.

Hairy Bikers — Season One Episode Guide — History.com
    That Sounds Delicious, Roky!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Rocky, I thought the biker recipe for steak was:
    Step 1, ride your Harley to town,
    Step 2, buy steak,
    Step3, ride home
    Step 4, leave engine idling
    Step 5, slap steak on hot exaust pipe for 6 minutes, turn over using your pocket knife or pliers, cook additional 6 minutes
    Step 6, remove from exaust and shut down engine
    Registered Linux user #526930

Frankly I find machines such as these to be a solution looking for a problem. I know people who swear by machines such as rice cookers, and yet I've never had a problem cooking it in a pan.

I would agree on the steak cooker, but I started using a rice cooker 30 years ago when I lived in the orient, and find them very useful. Also enjoy my breadmaker, George Foreman grill, and electric mixer. Yes, my wife could make bread by hand, cook on the stove, and hand mix, but it is so much more convenient to use these appliances.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    Also enjoy my breadmaker, George Foreman grill, and electric mixer.
    My sister has a George Foreman grill and I found it more trouble than it was worth: I tried cooking some sausages on it and the skin became black and sticky, so I gave up on it and put them under the grill. I view it as somewhat of a gimmick because I think the grill did a better job.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin View Post
    My sister has a George Foreman grill and I found it more trouble than it was worth: I tried cooking some sausages on it and the skin became black and sticky, so I gave up on it and put them under the grill. I view it as somewhat of a gimmick because I think the grill did a better job.
    Well it's sold as allowing excess fat to drain away but a grill does that just as well and with a bit of tin foil under there becomes easier to clean.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Well it's sold as allowing excess fat to drain away but a grill does that just as well and with a bit of tin foil under there becomes easier to clean.
    The George Formby grill cooks both sides at once. It's not a device for sausages, though, as it just squashes them flat.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast