Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, First off let me say I'm a coding beginner but am trying to build my knowledge through developing a relatively complex program (built in parts which I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Looking for Collaborators on New Software (Finance)

Hi All,

First off let me say I'm a coding beginner but am trying to build my knowledge through developing a relatively complex program (built in parts which I have a pretty solid idea of the parts I want).

The program is a finance debt management program. What I've found is that there is no software that is really a complete debt management piece of software. This would include loans, mortgage, credit cards, etc...

What I'm looking for to begin with is someone(s) to discuss the full scrope of the project, including writing the long term and short term goals. Would like someone to help me figure out what's difficult and what's easier to implement, what code we might be able to use already, etc...

I'm looking for people(s) who are comfortable working with a beginner, I'll be referencing google a lot and taking this slow. Basically, patience is a must but I'm willing to work hard to get caught up and learn.

Anyone interested please message me and I'll give my email out. Thanks in advance, hoping this goes somewhere as I've already talked with people who say there is a demand for this.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just in case anyone was thinking it sounds interesting, I've set up a SourceForge project:

https://sourceforge.net/p/debtmanage...ion/use_cases/

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!

Re:

The program is a finance debt management program. What I've found is that there is no software that is really a complete debt management piece of software. This would include loans, mortgage, credit cards, etc...
    You might have a look at this web app... perhaps it will provide you with some ideas for your quest.

mint.com

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Sounds like a cool project. Here's some extra use cases for you...

If my minimum payment is $x how much will I save by paying an additional $y with each payment?

and

I have multiple debts, credit cards, store cards, bank loans, all with different amounts and interest rates. In which order should I pay them down?
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Thanks Elija, I'll add both of those to SF.

Nikwasi: I use mint Pretty cool program but lacks a lot of things, the auto categorizing is horrible and of course having to be online to use it is also a bummer -- I'm not a huge fan of the cloud idea where it's "you're always connected or else software isn't available". But mint does a good job of basically summarizing and the look of it is pretty nice.

Hope to see some devs over at SF so we can finish the use cases, otherwise it'll be a longer solo project