Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! I've been using Linux for a while now, and am looking at getting certified through the LPI program. Like many people, boot camps and other training programs are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

LPIC-1 Study Material Recommendations

Hi all!

I've been using Linux for a while now, and am looking at getting certified through the LPI program. Like many people, boot camps and other training programs are a bit out of my price range, so I'm looking for a good book to help me prepare for the exam. I've looked at the list of books posted on lpi.org and amazon, but they're all for the old requirements, and I'm worried that they won't sufficiently prepare me for the exam.

For those who have taken the most recent version LPIC-1 exam (after April 2009), what books/study materials would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBud View Post
    Hi all!

I've been using Linux for a while now, and am looking at getting certified through the LPI program. Like many people, boot camps and other training programs are a bit out of my price range, so I'm looking for a good book to help me prepare for the exam. I've looked at the list of books posted on lpi.org and amazon, but they're all for the old requirements, and I'm worried that they won't sufficiently prepare me for the exam.

For those who have taken the most recent version LPIC-1 exam (after April 2009), what books/study materials would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!
    have you looked at this : ibm[dot]com/developerworks/offers/lp/linux/bb/ I used it to prepare for my LPI101 and 102

Quote Originally Posted by jonkiribati View Post
    have you looked at this : ibm[dot]com/developerworks/offers/lp/linux/bb/ I used it to prepare for my LPI101 and 102
    No I haven't seen this site before. Did you only use these resources, or do you recommend combining them with another book, man pages, etc.?

P.S. The link you posted seems to be old. The one I found is ibm[dot]com/developerworks/linux/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close