Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry Trojan Horse Bootstrapped Linux

Hi

While in process of getting rid of G4 Mac OS 10.5 and/or dual-booting...

2+ weeks ago, I installed a Linux distribution from CD. After installation, I started having hallucinations (real) so I quit trying to finish the install using the new boot loader menu.
    The installation process was lengthy and annoying and entirely text based at text console prompt.
    It asked to setup a wireless or wired account while installing and it weirdly says after that 'not detected', and I did put my real username and password. Then later it freezes or says it finished 'installation.

So I reboot and:
    Upon delayed boot, the thing puts up a weird boot menu with options boot from disk or boot from c (or CD for MAC.)
    I depressed power button to shutdown and it did not! Then a second time I pressed power button and it shutdown.
    I repeated. This time there was no shutdown when I depressed second power button and I had to take the battery out.

IMO, it is psycho-profling the user. It messes with your memory and causes memory loss. The memory loss was my experience. It caused extreme anger and confusion 'do I know what I am doing.' At end, I felt like I am under illusion or something.
    When i do the default option boot from disk the command prompt is:

Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 {your pc-name} tty1
    boot:

Now, I am unsure if this thing is in the OpenFirmware, because I do recall pressing predefined MAC Keyboard buttons and it didn't do anything!

Anyhow, after 2wks of calming down, today after cold boot, I pressed Cmd+C and I finally installed a normal Linux distribution.

This post made about as much sense as a chocolate teapot.

I think you need to seek medical attention, seriously.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    While in process of getting rid of G4 Mac OS 10.5 and/or dual-booting..
    Pretty much says it all.

Anyhow, after 2wks of calming down, today after cold boot, I pressed Cmd+C and I finally installed a normal Linux distribution.
    Isn't owning a Mac fun.

IMO, it is psycho-profling the user. It messes with your memory and causes memory loss. The memory loss was my experience. It caused extreme anger and confusion 'do I know what I am doing.' At end, I felt like I am under illusion or something.
    When i do the default option boot from disk the command prompt is:
    Thank Mac for all the hoops you had to jump through. Thank Debian to care enough to supply a modern distro that will run on a proprietary mac hardware system.
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

I would have laughed harder If the OP would have said

While in process of getting rid of G4 Mac OS 10.5 and/or dual-booting...Windows 7
    is this even possible with a PowerPC?

No. You can use Virtual PC or Q, both of which are emulators.

So where is the beef?
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

It seems these newbies do not understand a hen from a bird.

What sentence, clause, or word(s) caused less sense ?