Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I've always been a little up tight when coming to this forum using my EEEPC that I run Iron Browser on. Pages would be cut off to the right and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wink Iron Browser Trick,should work on Chrome/Chromium

I've always been a little up tight when coming to this forum using my EEEPC that I run Iron Browser on.

Pages would be cut off to the right and Ctrl - was a poor way to maneuver
    around. Small screen so small text.

Today.I for a experiment/kicks. Started tapping my tab key while on main page and in posts. Cool.

I had the page move to the right like using the right arrow key in Iceape.

I am a happy camper now.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Thanks for the Feedback and posting a helpful tip too, Roky. But wait a minute here. Are you telling me that the Tab button works on this forum now?(Known forum bug)

*Just tested* nope, it's still dead to me.
    I suppose you meant that you can just move the screen with the tab button by highlighting the links so that the page moves left/right?
    The (Tab button) breakage for me occurs when I am typing a reply to a thread, I used to be able to type my reply out and press the Tab button once to highlight the "post quick reply" button and press space bar once to submit my post rather than having to type everything out then reach for my mouse and locate the cursor.(I really don't enjoy using a mouse)
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I am talking about using tab button to move forum page to the right when cut off on screen MikeTbob. It works when I am in search section and also reading posts. I have only tested this in Iron Browser, which I figure has the same guts in a sense as Chrome or Chromium. When I boot up one of my other computers that has Chrome installed. I will post back to inform if it works there also.

that you can just move the screen with the tab button by highlighting the links
    No need to highlight anything. Just make sure the mouse was clicked on any blank space of forum page first.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

FWIW, it works the same way in FireFox.
    I shrank my screen so that the text stretched off-screen. Tabbed my way across.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I'm in Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.9.168 Version/11.52 and the tab trick works in it also for moving forum page to the right also.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Trusted Penguin
    I can't figure out what you guys mean by tabbing, but I am using a crappy old laptop with a 1024x768 display and Firefox and the tab key does nothing useful for me. I do get cut off to the right like Roky described but I can use the right arrow key to sidle on over.

On my Mozilla browsers Like Seamonkey, Iceape, (I don't run firefox anymore), the right arrow key is what works to bring the page to the right atreyu. Only in non Mozilla browsers so far is what i use the tab key for beacuse the right arrow key does not work in non Mozilla browsers so far.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Trusted Penguin
    ah, that must be it. thx.

On My Low Spec IBM a22m Laptop with QTWEB Browser 3.7.3 . The Tab trick works also just for info.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Finally tested Chromium 15.0.874.106 (Developer Build 107270 Linux) Ubuntu 10.04 and the tab trick works in it also.

This is on a 9" Acer Aspire One ZG5 screen which also cuts off the r/h side of forum pages.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast