Find the answer to your Linux question:
...see the official announcement here ....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

CRUX 2.7.1 is out...

...see the official announcement here.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Have Crux taken this approach before? seems like a bit of an odd thing to do - especially changing kernel versions ...

Not to my knowledge. They've come out with a new version every year, sometime in the Fall so we were expecting 2.8. I was surprised by this too.

CRUX sure gets a page hit boost when it comes out with something new. In the last year it has averaged around 126th on DistroWatch. Today, it's 14th with 774 hits.

I've always wondered why CRUX isn't a more popular distro, what with is speed and small footprint.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Now at 11 jayd512 with 1015 hits. I've been visiting Distrowatch for years and it seems CRUX consistently swings higher and lower on the hit chart than almost any other distro.

oz
    forum.guy
    At the moment, I'm not seeing it at all on the current 6-month distrowatch page hits chart. I guess there is a frenzy of loyal CRUX users that head over to distrowatch each time an announcement is made there about a new release, so it jumps up the chart for a few days.

My last usage of CRUX was 6 or 7 years ago, right around the 2.0 to 2.1 release era, but each time a new release comes out, I do toy around with the idea of installing again. However, those long source compile times start to wear me down pretty quickly, hence the reason for me leaving it to begin with, and the same thing happens with Gentoo.

Still, I can't imagine never trying CRUX again... it's just too good to leave it alone forever!
    oz

The only reason I'm not using it now is because my computer tends to overheat under long periods of heavy activity.
    Once I had everything installed, I'd be good to go. But I don't think I'd be able to get through the initial install.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Now, at number 10 with 1062 hits! Ozar, I have my counter at Distrowatch set for the last seven days. You should find a partition on your hard drive and install CRUX to play with! On a side note, I was beginning to think no distro would unseat Ubuntu as the king but apparently Mint has... at least for now.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    On a side note, I was beginning to think no distro would unseat Ubuntu as the king but apparently Mint has... at least for now.
    I had not noticed that, but it is amazing, especially since it is on the 6-month page hits chart and currently in first place by so many more page hits. For whatever reason, I have never installed any version of Mint, although I have downloaded the ISO file a few times in the past. Just too lazy, I guess...
    oz