Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just registered today, and this is my first post...ever.. anywhere! Greetings to all with computers and coffee. I am a distro jumping junkie, however not too much under the hood ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I Have Sound!!

Just registered today, and this is my first post...ever.. anywhere! Greetings to all with computers and coffee. I am a distro jumping junkie, however not too much under the hood knowledge. I got sound up thanks to the forums. Started late in the computer world, but linux being open source has helped me learn. I have Mint on my laptop and PClos on my PC. Bye for now

Glad you joined us and Welcome to the Forums.
    I think you'll find we have the best members anywhere and you should fit right in. Enjoy.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Welcome aboard!

I think you'll like it here.
    Glad to hear that reading past postings have already helped you out.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfuzzy View Post
    Just registered today, and this is my first post...ever.. anywhere!
    I can relate. I did not even know such fora existed, until I started using GNU-Linux. I was living and ancient life-style!

Just Joined!
    Welcome fellow newb!

Just Joined!
    I have been jumping around in Linux forums for a while. I been trying to find someone that is a newbie like me. First a little BIO just so you get an idea where my head is. Retired Military 1974 to 1994, then commercial construction for about 9 years. I studeied to get my degree in IT from the University of Phoenix during that time, then started teaching IT related subjects (A+, Net+, Security+) at High school and communiity college level for the last five years. I now work for the United States Army Cadet Command at Fort Knox, KY as an IT analyst. Great job, to much work!.

I would like to know that there is someone out there that I can bounce ideas off of, and talk with about Linux issues. I just upgraded from fedora 14 to 16 this morning, and I am trying to find (codec sites) so that the movies will play.

Anyway, a big welcome and hope to see you in this forum often, BTW, I don't know to much, but my advise will be free, once in a while I get lucky and figure things out all by myself

Hi, Cybertek! I could almost say 'Hi, neighbor'!

I haven't really had many dealings with Fedora recently, but I always found this site helpful when getting it setup: Personal Fedora 16 Installation Guide
    Steps for getting Flash and multimedia up and running are in there.
    I would like to know that there is someone out there that I can bounce ideas off of, and talk with about Linux issues.
    You just found a whole mess of people that you can do that with!
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by pentopad View Post
    Welcome fellow newb!
    Thank you so much, I'll be around

Just Joined!
    BTW, any idea why Peppermint would just crash for know reason? Strange, really strange! Then I reverted to OpenSuse and niether can find the Network adapter, but the Peppermint was up and running just fine, then BAM, nothing can find the NIC, anyway, have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertek View Post
    BTW, any idea why Peppermint would just crash for know reason? Strange, really strange! Then I reverted to OpenSuse and niether can find the Network adapter, but the Peppermint was up and running just fine, then BAM, nothing can find the NIC, anyway, have a great day
    Sounds like a puzzler, for sure.
    But whichever distro it is (Suse, Peppermint or any other), just head over to the appropriate section of the boards and start a thread about it.
    Give some good detail, and I'm sure someone will be able to help!
    Jay

New Member FAQ