Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have searched around and I am wondering where the main open source repository's are located? For example I am using eclipse and have the cvs , svn, git , ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mayor repository ?

I have searched around and I am wondering where the main open source repository's are located?

For example I am using eclipse and have the cvs , svn, git , mercurial plugins downloaded and would like to work on some open source projects or at least download them thru eclipse's.

I have located and successfully downloaded the apache projects thru eclipse. Their is about 105 different projects in there repository.

I am curious where the linux kernel downloads are located?
    I have downloaded the tar zip source files thru kernel.org site in the past but don't see where the repo location is so I can download it thru eclipse? ( it is obviously cleaner not having to untar and import into my project as opposed to downloading thru git , that is if I can find the repo location).

Also curious where the gnome , kde , gcc, grub , x11 , and other gnu open source source code repo's would be at? (meaning I need a repo location for these)

Essentially what all this boils down to is is their a repository naming convention or some site that list all the open source repositories because not all sites / projects are clear about where their project is (i.e repo located for it)
    Last edited by sam111; 11-29-2011 at 08:07 AM.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by sam111 View Post
    Also curious where the gnome , kde , gcc, grub , x11 , and other gnu open source source code repo's would be at? (meaning I need a repo location for these)

Essentially what all this boils down to is is their a repository naming convention or some site that list all the open source repositories because not all sites / projects are clear about where their project is (i.e repo located for it)
    Not sure I'm understanding what you are looking for, but I don't believe there is any kind of "central repository" where all things opensource can be found, or any kind of directory that leads to the various opensource repositories. In most cases, each project has their own download source or server. You can usually find those by going to the homepage for each project and then navigating to their downloads section where you should find a link or download instructions.

Don't know if it will help you, but some package sources (the Arch Linux repositories for instance) give links to upstream URLs like in the following example:

Arch Linux - eclipse 3.7.1-2 (x86_64)
    oz