Find the answer to your Linux question:
There is nothing like an article that has you laughing out loud in the first two paragraphs. For LF members who are into cars: Recent Belly Flops by Eric Peters...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Recent Belly Flops!

There is nothing like an article that has you laughing out loud in the first two paragraphs. For LF members who are into cars:
    Recent Belly Flops by Eric Peters
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    The marketing mindset of today is to push everything onto the general public as "new and improved" even when in most cases it is quickly found that neither is the case with the majority of consumer goods. I'm getting to where I can't stand to listen to TV commercials because of all the deception going on, but it's unclear just how many people are paying attention, or if they do catch it, they are too busy with trivial things to really care. Either way, it seems to me that prices continue to steadily rise, while quality just keeps on declining.

That said, I'm exceedingly happy that I'm not in the market for a new and improved automobile!
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Slightly off topic but over here in the UK we have an advert for a new improved shampoo with "water activated silkening ingredients" which as far as I can tell is conditioner. Even as a fan of advertising pseudo-science I get depressed that people fall for it.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

I have not watched commercial television for ten years ( thank heavens ) so I do not have any idea
    of just how sickening the commercials have gotten to be. When I get onto public transportation
    I even get disgusted by the printed ads being displayed. Gadget-Mania is not something I have!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I have not watched commercial television for ten years ( thank heavens ) so I do not have any idea of just how sickening the commercials have gotten to be.
    Believe me when I tell you that you aren't missing anything as far as programming goes, and the majority of commercials are either overly silly, or grossly deceptive, so it's no wonder that regular TV is struggling the way it is. On the other hand, I also have satellite TV with about three or four hundred channels of which only about half a dozen or so are worth tuning into. I think they go on the theory that the more channels there are, the better the package, regardless of any actual content delivered. Otherwise, it's just super!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    ...new improved shampoo with "water activated silkening ingredients"
    Gotta give them credit for one thing... A masterful twist on the use of language.
    I wonder when we'll see an ad for an "automated hydro-thermal sanitation management device".

Which, for the rest of us, would be a dishwasher!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.