Find the answer to your Linux question:
just bought a mini laptop running linux "easypeasy". When I try to get online only opens a BTopenzone page that asks me to pay to get online. Is there a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    dbd
    Just Joined!

Cool hack bt openzone

just bought a mini laptop running linux "easypeasy". When I try to get online only opens a BTopenzone page that asks me to pay to get online. Is there a hack I can use to get online without having to pay BT.

There may be, there may be not.
    But in any case: You wont get that kind of information here.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    just bought a mini laptop running linux "easypeasy". When I try to get online only opens a BTopenzone page that asks me to pay to get online. Is there a hack I can use to get online without having to pay BT.
    Yes, you could get yourself a 3G dongle and use the mobile phone network. You could also hang around near to hotels and cafes that offer free wifi access.

I don't recommend attempting to circumvent any paywall that BT places over its services. But some mobile phone operators and some ISPs can provide a service which includes access to BT Openzone.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

EasyPeasy can run any browser, Firefox, opera, etc. If you have wifi in your office and home, you can connect to it with one of them. If you are looking for phone/data service outside of your wireless coverage at home and office, then you will have to pay for one or hang out in hotspots.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Once your browser opens to that page, are you unable to navigate to any other website?
    If so, is that the only network that is currently available to you?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.